Any FireSword IV Owners?

StuR

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a FireSword IV (drank too much wine and couldn't resist). :eek:

Any other owners care to comment about this light?

Regards.

StuR

Newly Enlightened
What do you plan to use that puppy for? Thass a lotta lumens.

:confused:
I have a home in the woods... and it's really DARK at night... no close neighbors with much light polution (so I thought I'd add some). :ohgeez:

But the honest answer is that I'm a flashaholic - but don't tell anyone.:sssh:

ricker99

Newly Enlightened
I don't own one, but I was pondering getting one. I emailed Wayne and he said they are still offering them for sale. My only hesitation is in seeing what (or when) comes of the planned DEFT High Output that is in the works by another CPF member who manufactures his own lights.

Anyone care to comment either way? Firesword vs. DEFT? Firesword vs. DEFT FTP?

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read reviews of the Firesword and Dirtech is right on. It's not a throw light. Comparing it to the DEFT is not a good idea since they're made for very different purposes. The DEFT is a throw light and the Firesword is not.

Remember, lots of lumens does not automatically mean lots of throw.

ricker99

Newly Enlightened
I've read reviews of the Firesword and Dirtech is right on. It's not a throw light. Comparing it to the DEFT is not a good idea since they're made for very different purposes. The DEFT is a throw light and the Firesword is not.

Remember, lots of lumens does not automatically mean lots of throw.

Hmm...very good point! I'm obviously still a noob at the flashaholic game, so I appreciate the heads up. Still learning!

Rick

StuR

Newly Enlightened
Hmm...very good point! I'm obviously still a noob at the flashaholic game, so I appreciate the heads up. Still learning!

Rick

I have an HID light that's really good for 'throw'. The reviews I've read about the FireSword seemed to indicate it's really good at creating a "wall of light" which is what I'm hoping for.:)