Help Me Decide on these TWO

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
Mac's SST-50 EDC light or the new HDS Twisty.

Please help me decide and if you own both, let me know which you prefer, the pros/cons of each, etc. I know they are quite different. So any information would be helpful.

Unfortunately, I've never seen either of these lights in person so it makes it that much harder. I know that Henry's lights are built like tanks and can withstand a ton of abuse and from what i've been reading here, his customer service is top notch. From what I can see on Mac's lights, they are beautiful and very bright, they look more delicate, as well. Delicate as in having a lot of smooth surface area to scratch up if dropped.

I know it'll boil down to gut reaction and purchasing the one that speaks to me more, but I'd also like to get some feedback from users who have used these lights.

I know I could get both, and I may end up with both down the line, but I need help with choosing on which one to get FIRST :huh:

Alex K.

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with the HDS because I'm into more rugged lights, but it depends on your preference and how you use or abuse your lights.