Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Not Good - Not worth the price

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Awfull - Should be found on DX

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

dc42

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious as to people's opinions on the quality of Nitecore flashlights. I currently own an EZAAw and EZCR2w. The EZAA was my EDC until I got the EZCR2. I've had absoultly no problems with either and think their quality is excellent. What do you all think?

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
my ex10 had a terrible tint, very ringy beam, but functions good. I cant stand it, but the kids like to play with it.

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
i have 2 EX10 r2 that i use quite frequently and they've been fine. one ez123 which is not used as much and that's been fine, too. my extreme r2 apparently had a short after being used the least out of all my nitecores - we're talking hardly used at all. it's also the most expensive nitecore i own. i was pretty disappointed. i sent it back to nitecore and they should have it fixed and sent back in a week or two. the only downside was that it's kind of pricey to send it to china for repairs.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
My experience is limited to just one model, the NDI Silver.

I've owned three now & lost the first two. All three lights were flawless.

I now have a pretty good supply of spare switches & orings too...:crazy:

edit:
After looking over a friends loaner SR3 I'd say it is as good as any mass produced flashlight I've handled and built like a tank. Styling is a little more interesting than some may prefer, but a very solid light.

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only Nitecore light I have is the EX10 but it's my EDC light since it came out. I really like it and the quality is great.

rayman

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted excellent. The EX10 is my current EDC and it's been functioning flawlessly. Also have the EZAA and Defender Infinity, but the EX10 is still my favorite. HA finish is tough, UI works well and easy to use, clip was a pain to install, but no big deal in my book. An 18650 PD light would be perfect!

fannin

Enlightened
i only have 1 nitecore: a d10 i've had for about 1.5 years

it's good, i've had my issues with the ramping which i do not like but the quality seems good

if it didn't have the lower low than my ld20 q5 i would not use it at all though and i think all things being equal (low and high the same as mine or lower/higher) i would prefer a sp model d10

nbp

Flashaholic
I have only the EX10, and I gave it a 'very good, not quite the best'. While I have no complaints with the light, and it works nicely, it is not built to the same level as my Ra clicky or my Surefires, so I really cannot rate it 'the best'. I would not have a problem recommending a Nitecore to a friend or gifting one, but I wouldn't choose it for very abusive situations.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I only have one Extreme Q5 with stainless steel smooth bezel (I hate the tac bezels on a light so small), and it's very good. I like the styling and simple dual programmable output modes. Nice size, feels good in the hand, solidly built, decent battery life, RCR123 compatible. For extended use I put it on a bored out black E2e body with a 17670 cells. Very nice combo.
My only gripe is that occasionally, for no obvious reason, it will enter program mode when switched on and either ramp up or ramp down the output. Not a big deal but it can happen at inopportune moments. Does anyone know the cause/fix? Otherwise I like the NEX SS and wouldn't replace it unless there was a substantially better/brighter NEX SS that is E2e compatible. If not then I'm happy with this.
:)

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
My EX10 was one of my favorite lights, and still is. For that one alone I would have voted "Excellent" as it is my opinion a top quality light. When the EZCR2 was released, it replaced my EX10 as my key chain light.

Initially I was impressed by it's very simple design and held in the same high regard as its predecessor. However in the end, it hasn't held up as well in the long run as I would expected. A few months ago, I started noticing carbon deposits building up on the base of the battery tube. Now even with it cleaned off, I need to turn to the head to a pretty uncomfortable tightness to achieve a flicker free high beam. I think I would have like to see a switch similar to that in the EX10 (not the piston, but the ring the piston contacts) rather than the bare spring. I paid full price on a pre-order, minus the CPF8 code of course. If I had gotten it when it was on 60% I would probably feel much better about my purchase.

On a related note...what happened to all the NiteCores anyway? 4Sevens only has the SR3 and two special edition SmartPD lights listed.

Alex K.

Newly Enlightened
I don't own a Nitecore, but a friend of mine owns the single-123 model, and it is a good quality light. I really like it's aluminum knurled grip.

csa

Enlightened
The ones I've played with have been acceptable, but not the best build quality. That title goes to things from McGizmo...

dc42

Newly Enlightened
On a related note...what happened to all the NiteCores anyway? 4Sevens only has the SR3 and two special edition SmartPD lights listed.

The reason for this poll. Quality issues and too many returns, which I found shocking given the lack of complaints here.

LedTed

Enlightened
From the two NiteCore FLs I own, they seem to be built of higher quality than any of my previous LED FLs.

I did see the attention to detail drop on my D10 Tribute.

But, especially compaired to the sample of the 1W single AA FLs I was going to have made, NiteCore is a clear winner.

smithman

Newly Enlightened
I have a EZ-AAw. No complaints, everything works as it should and the build quality is also very good for a flashlight with around 20 g. :twothumbs

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Mine all have great finishes on them, and are just spot on apart from a bit of a sticky piston in my EX10. Nothing a fresh lube shouldn't fix though. Perhaps not perfect but, then again, I can't think of any faults!

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine have had great fit and finish, but 3 of them have stopped working without any abuse. 2 of those (NDI and Spear) were from the first runs and were quickly replaced by Nitecore with lights that are still working well.

My EX10 hit a hardwood floor from about 4 feet and something shorted inside frying the electronics. I haven't asked for a replacement and will probably open it up sometime to see whether it is fixable.

My Extreme has been great all the time since I got it. No issues at all.

All in all very well made lights that might (some models) have some electronic flaws making them not very reliable.

keriya

Newly Enlightened
I have a D10 with the original ramping UI. It's an excellent light, small and sturdy. Anyway, I'm spoiled by my Ra Clicky and Arc6 which feel like hewn from a solid block of unobtainium. Therefore my vote in this poll is "Very Good - Not quite the best".
Nevertheless, I would not hesitate to recommend the D10 to anybody, especially considering the price difference to anything above it.