Best output from Nitecore D10?: 3.7v help

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ramping D10 and very much enjoy the silent PD. It's hot. Also the digital output selection permitting me to access lowest or highest immediately. Fantastic.

Help me out getting max output. I have to push like a demon for my AW 14500's to access all modes. Blue ultrafire will only permit twist on / off. Black labeled with flame trustfire will only 'push and hold' for on.

Has anyone found any cells that permit full functionality at higher output? I was thinking of ordering AW's unprotected 14500s and hoping they came in shorter.

Thanx

(mods - I call this an D10 output question hoping some afficianado has an answer for me. I felt that if it was posted in 'batteries' I may not have an audience with the same info as LED forum has.)

Last edited:

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
have you tried some spring cutting? the D10 Tribute thread linked over here, and it mentions the same issues you have. The problem was apparently solved by trimming the wide end of the spring slightly to accommodate the longer length of the protected cells. I have no tried this however, as I run Eneloops.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/248070

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanx for the idea. I'm enjoying the eneloops as well, but no I hadn't thought of cutting the spring. thank-you for the idea, and thanx for the link.

Anyone else figure how to power a D10?