My first real flashlight has arrived.

MWAG68

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Fenix LD10 R4 and I'm really happy with the pocket powerhouse :D, money well spent! It's actually alot slimmer than I anticipated. The turbo mode is quite impressive. All the members of my family who thought I was nuts spending "That kind of money on a flashlight" have ALL eaten their words and acknowledged they've NEVER seen a little flashlight like that!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my Fenix LD10 R4 and I'm really happy with the pocket powerhouse :D, money well spent! It's actually alot slimmer than I anticipated. The turbo mode is quite impressive. All the members of my family who thought I was nuts spending "That kind of money on a flashlight" have ALL eaten their words and acknowledged they've NEVER seen a little flashlight like that!

Hah. Awesome! Glad you like it. When I received my Fenix P3D it was smaller than I was expecting too. I think in general there is a hidden mentality that something expensive and bright must be big, but it doesn't really work out that way.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations and welcome aboard!

OK, see your wallet now? Kiss it goodbye! :crackup:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are so hooked... As it has been said to so many before;

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Surefire used to be the flashaholic's only gateway flashlight, but Fenix definitely joined in on that action, big time!

Just wait until you get a taste for a little "Titanium". And maybe some Superbulb action... maybe an HID or two... Then you will really have some fun!:party:

Congrats on coming into the light.:cool:

BTW: You will know when you are fully into your hobby because, eventually, you will start selling your flashlights in order to buy more flashlights. :)

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must confess... As expected I do have the itch for another but its way too soon.

I envy you. I bought my first good light about two weeks ago. Now I've got 5! Edit: 6 new ones! Forgot one :ohgeez:

BTW: You will know when you are fully into your hobby because, eventually, you will start selling your flashlights in order to buy more flashlights. :)

I already did this! :grin2: Its fun to pass on the flashlight love to others who will appreciate them more. An addiction to be sure.

Last edited:

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
when i first got my Fenix i was so impressed that i want to buy the entire line up :) too bad wife wasnt excatly in the same boat :ohgeez:

AsianInvasion

Newly Enlightened
I just recently bought my first "REAL" flashlight too. I went with the Fenix LD20 Q5. Also like you, my family bitched me out for buying such a expensive flashlight. Man, its great to prove them wrong after showing them how great fenix lights are. I think im ready to turn this into a real hobby. what's next? lol.

recDNA

Flashaholic
when i first got my Fenix i was so impressed that i want to buy the entire line up :) too bad wife wasnt excatly in the same boat :ohgeez:

Surprise your wife with a little BRIGHT flashlight that is all hers to carry in her pocketbook or keychain. That's how I got my wife onboard. She now has one in her car, one in her pocketbook, one in her briefcase, one on her keychain, and a house-key with a built-in LED! She really like them now that they're HERS. My wife likes flashlights to be small, BRIGHT, and easy to work. KISS

I wonder if I could make a pair of Titanium CR2 Minis into earings? LOL

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man you are lucky :D

Surprise your wife with a little BRIGHT flashlight that is all hers to carry in her pocketbook or keychain. That's how I got my wife onboard. She now has one in her car, one in her pocketbook, one in her briefcase, one on her keychain, and a house-key with a built-in LED! She really like them now that they're HERS. My wife likes flashlights to be small, BRIGHT, and easy to work. KISS

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

My fiance likes the Purple Fenix E01 that I gave her for her keychain. Trying to convince her she needs a brighter light too.

BlindingL5

Newly Enlightened
After lurking here for a while myself, I finally picked up a 'real' LED a few weeks ago, the LD20 Q5. Then I realized I needed a nice small EDC, so along came a Quark Mini AA. So many others look tempting now.