Microfire 19 LED, 2000 lumens question

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

moses

Enlightened
I saw that too but wondered why Q5. Why not R2 or XPG R5? The lumens differential is significant given the 19 LEDs. Or same 2000 lumens but even longer run time. Probably cost x 19 LEDs but still....if you are going to massive lumens.

M

joe1512

Enlightened
They probably got the LEDs super cheap. Decent tint XP-Gs are likely to be expensive. But hey, snatch a boatload of cheap but usable older emitters, wire up 19 of em, and voila! High lumen light!

Wonder how much it costs? Edit: Yikes! 750 bucks? Geez for that cash, I agree. They outta spring for the XP emitters!

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah but that damn thing is huge. I would love something powerful but not the size of the SR90 :(

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that too but wondered why Q5. Why not R2 or XPG R5? The lumens differential is significant given the 19 LEDs. Or same 2000 lumens but even longer run time. Probably cost x 19 LEDs but still....if you are going to massive lumens.

M

This light was announced a year ago at IWA fair. XP-Gs were not available in that time.

I think that guys at Microfire are very creative and maybe a little bit crazy too :p. This year they showed a prototype with SST-50 and aspherical lens and integrated cooling fan!