How does the Blaster VI compare to the PT Surge?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have access to some shots (yet, anyways, as my digicam's on loan). But there's no comparison. The Blaster VI would drown a room in white light, be it from the hot spot or the wide, overflowing squarish corona of peripheral light. And although the Surge is no slouch, it's painfully yellow in comparison, and its spill is not that wide as compared to the Blaster VI in tightest spot. Adjust to flood in the Surge and you get some very wierd "spider veins" in a beam pattern that, to me, looks downright scary and basically renders it unusable...

r2

Enlightened
Re: How does the Blaster VI compare to the PT Surg

How do they compare in throw? I would have expected the Surge to win but now I'm curious.

- Russ

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
r2 said:
How do they compare in throw? I would have expected the Surge to win but now I'm curious.

- Russ

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd be curious on that too.

i do know that my blaster III doesn't trail too far behind in the "throw" department compared to my surge. in fact, it's actually kind of hard to see any difference in throw between my Blaster III vs. my Brinkmann LX, well that is until i get my LX back at which time it will have a 1 watt Cyan w/ 30mm optics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

r2

Enlightened

I found some comparisons to look at. First there's Fuja's site (a Japanese CPF member, this link runs it through a translator) which has beamshots of the two of them:

beam shots page

They aren't right next to each other, but they are at the same target and at least give something for comparison. There is lots of other stuff on the site worth checking out. A thread talking about it and offering some alternate translation links is here:

thread about Fuja's site

I'd love to see a photo of the Blaster VI next to the PT Surge for size comparison as these are comparable lights in terms of brightness, size, and battery requirements (at least when the Blaster VI finally gets its 6AA option).

Anyone have both that can post a photo?

Thanks,

Russ