Surprised there isn't more talk about the P20C2 MKII...

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked the EagleTac P20C2 from my buddy and it's phenomenal! Did a search and surprisingly not a whole lot came up about this flashlight...

About the size and form factor of the SF E-series
Seems to have excellent build quality
Runs on CR123 and 17670
Bright and very smooth transition from large hotspot to spill
Nice UI with hidden bonuses (beacon and strobe)
Upgradeable LED "pill"
Bunch of accessories (Lanyard, Holster, Diffuser, GITD boot, Rubber piece to tail-stand)

Here are some photos of my SF E2e vs my friend's new P20C2:
IMG_0315a.jpg

Exp 0 step:
IMG_0311a.jpg

Exp -2 step:
IMG_0313a.jpg

Seems like an awesome light, is there something I'm missing??

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one also and it's pretty much always within reach. I hadn't really noticed the lack of info on the light until you mentioned it. I dig the ET lineup and when they came out I just transitioned from the MkI to the MkII.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Seems like an awesome light, is there something I'm missing??

Agree, ET makes great lights for the $$$. I happily use my P100C2 interchangeably with my E2L. Both lights run great off 17670 as well as 2xRCR123, and are nearly identical form-factor.

dscn2515u.jpg

I think the 4-7 fall out a few months ago hurt their CPF popularity. There are a lot more players on the field now than just a couple short years ago. So without one of the strongest CPF authorized dealers, they are behind the 8-ball. By outward appearance, they are loosing marketshare to thrunite, X-tar, Quark, and ITP, all relative newcomers. TLS, Solarforce, Jet, Fenix, Olight and Dereelight are still churning out great products. Ultrafire and Romisen designs are getting better and better too at the lower $$$ end. So without the 4-7 CPF popularity, they are playing catchup.

Lighthound and other less "CPF-vocal" retailers now sell ET... so its all-good for us.

Last edited:

superpila

Newly Enlightened
mine should arrive today ;-)
I've been using the t20c2 mk2 for a couple of weeks now and it's by far the best in its league among the ones I had tried before (quark turbo and fenix tk11), so I could not resist and I had to buy its little bro, p20c2 mk2.
In particular, I love their interface and the fact that you can get rid of the strobe from the main sequence while keeping it available with a couple of quick twists.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I have the P20C2 MkII (and its predecessor that I bought after I got the MkII) and I think it's wonderful. The more I use it the more I htink it's the best all round torch I've come across. That beam shape is fantastic (and in real life much better than it appears in the beamshoot pictures). It's hell bright and the UI is so much better than the fenix/quark style. Threads are very smooth on mine and operation's a breeze. Well spaced light levels too.

One complaint - it's too narrow and slippery in the middle. I wish it used the body from the P100C2 which is much better for feel, thicker and knurled. I've had to put thick grip heatshrink on the middle of mine.

It could easily have a tube made up for 18650 without affecting the overall size of the torch by much.

Fanstatic torch.

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
It could easily have a tube made up for 18650 without affecting the overall size of the torch by much.

Fanstatic torch.

I agree with Dave, If it could take 18650's I'd already have one, its the only thing that is holding me back from what sounds like a really nice light.

B

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
I have this light as well, and think it is probably one of the best lights in the price range. After I bought this light, I sort of stopped buying, thats how much I like it. The only one I like better is Surefire G2 with DX Drop-in.

Regarding the 18650 vs the 17670, the way I see it is, you get a little less or runtime in high, but you make up for it in charge time. And the most used mode is most likely medium, you'd be hard pressed to burn one 17670 up in one night.

So for those that are turned off by the lack of 18650 support, it is really a minimal issue. The light runs like a wet dream on a 17670, and you get a nice smaller size.

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
So for those that are turned off by the lack of 18650 support, it is really a minimal issue. The light runs like a wet dream on a 17670, and you get a nice smaller size.

I'm with you there, but the last thing I need is yet another battery format to keep up with. :duh2:

Cheers

B

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who want the 18650 support they do offer the T20C2. It is a bit larger, but still a fantastic light. The P20C2 however is really an amazing little performer and if you are lenient with Turbo, will last a VERY long time. I believe ET chose quite nicely with the Med/General mode.

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
I'm with you there, but the last thing I need is yet another battery format to keep up with. :duh2:

Cheers

B

I fully understand. It was easy for me to jump on the 17670 wagon since I only have one 18650 light that I don't really use. And now I can use the 17670's in my SF's. I feel bad that the pair of 18650's are not being used, I plan on getting a Solarforce to use them though. :twothumbs

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
I fully understand. It was easy for me to jump on the 17670 wagon since I only have one 18650 light that I don't really use. And now I can use the 17670's in my SF's. I feel bad that the pair of 18650's are not being used, I plan on getting a Solarforce to use them though. :twothumbs

Yep, except I'm kind of opposite, I already have 3 lights that use single 18650 cells and have a good supply of them on hand...oh well, there are always new lights coming out. All that said, it looks like a fantastic light for the price point, enjoy.

B

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yea, that's exactly where my 17670's were from. I have a new host for the 17670's that I was using in my L4. I also have 18650 lights, but the P20C2 is way smaller than the 18650 lights that I have (TK11 and T100C2) and the beam is more useful in my opinion, even without the diffuser.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
FYI, Eagletac has sent me the P20C2 Mark II (and P20A2 Mark II) for review. They are next in line for review. May take me a week or two - just finished a couple more round-up reviews of ITP and 4Sevens lights. :sweat:

P.S.: In the meantime, my T20C2 Mark II review will have to tied you over. ;)

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
Awesome news, look forward to reading the review. Now if they would only make the tube 1mm bigger... LOL .. May have to get one anyway especially after Mr Sefbuilt touts all of its features...

B

UpChUcK

Enlightened
I chose the T20C2 MkII over the P20C2 MkII for the 18650 support. I have 18650's. I do not have 17670 and don't want yet another rechargeable battery type.

BTW, the T20C2 MkII is an awesome light and I'm sure the P20C2 MkII is also. :thumbsup:

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Hi!
I got my new EagleTac P20C2 MkII yesterday and there is one nice thing about it that I havn't seen much about and that is the beacon mode.

I don't care about the tactical strobe, I don't see any use for me (though I understand there are others that value it for different purposes).

The way I might use it is as a warninglight in case of a traffic incident for example but then it is way to fast. I want to warn other drivers, not give them epileptic seizures!

I have a Quark mini123 and there the beacon is about one flash every 10 sec and therefore useless in the traffic and I thought that the EagleTac would be the same.

But I found out that the beaconmode on the P20C2 is about 2 Hz and that looks like the perfect warninglight in traffic for me. :twothumbs

The UI is also perfect for me, easy hi/general and extra low and blinking modes that is easy to get to but no risk for accidental activation.

(The Quark beacon can still be good to have when camping for instance)

Gunnar

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I normally EDC two lights one in my pocket which I rotate and I carry one in a holster on my belt. I have had the P20 MKII since it's release and of all the light's I have I have not carried anything else but the P20 MKIIC2 in my holster.

From the great mix of massive brightness to the feel of the body and the feel of the switch I cannot break myself away from it as my primary EDC. I even find the optional rubber shroud for tail stand completely comfortable even though I normally don't care for anything that is around the switch. I was at my wife's work the other night when we lost power due to the massive flooding in Nashville and I just placed the P20 on a desk tail end down in general mode and lite the room for a couple hours. It performed well enough for people in a large room to finish securing their office.

Later that night at my house our roof began flooding down the chimney due to just crazy amounts of rain well me and my father-in law went up to put a tarp over the chimney. I have never been so drenched with water in my life and guess what light I took up with that me and my father used that held up just fine, the P20C2 MII. Just for fact I was also wearing a Zebralight H501 that did well to.

If I would had time to think about it I would have probably picked up one of my Surefire's but the roof was flooding and I had my P20 already holstered as I seen the large amount of water coming through the roof and hurried outside.

One thing happened I really took note of was as I was up on the roof and my father down on ground level while he was looking for something heavy to help keep the tarp held in place he asked for a light to search for something around the yard or in garage so without thinking I just tossed the P20 down to him and watched it hit the ground next to him, the P20 shrugged the impact off and went on with it's business.

The whole experience has helped me gain a lot of trust and respect for the P20C2 MKII to be there and working properly when I need it to the most.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
P.S. my P20C2 Mark II review has been up for a little while now ... :whistle:

Selfbuilt, sorry I missed that... It's a great review that you have put a lot of work into.
I have read both the MkI and MkII reviews several times but in some way I didn't see it.
Hard to believe since there is a large graph also. :eek:
I actually can recall seeing it the first time but after that when I have gone through your review I think I have been looking for something specific and reading to fast.
Anyway, it's a good frequence IMO and I think it would be nice if the manufacturers put the strobe / beacon frequence in the specifications.
At least I havn't seen it on EagleTacs or 4sevens webpages (wich obviously doesn't mean it's not there ).

What do you others think?
What do you think is a usefull blinkingfrequence? 10 Hz? 2 Hz? 0.1 Hz?

Last edited: