New Lightwaves!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Pardon me if this has already been discussed and beaten to death, but I don't recall hearing anything about it. Check out these babies.

Lightwave Tec 2000 - 4 LED Flashlight
and
Lightwave Tec 3000 - 7 LED Flashlight

At first I thought they had departed from Direct Drive but it still looks like they're using direct drive and calling 1 resistor 'advanced electronics' only in a new body. I'm not sure but I think they may be putting 1 of the batteries up by the head so the light is a little thicker, and oblong shaped...but not as long. Interesting...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
welcome back on cpf, Saaby !
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
this has indeed been discussed before ... and most of us find it FUGLY ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Saaby

Flashaholic
I need to spend more time in the LED forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

and NO, I don't know how to use the search function /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the planet eater from one of the early Trek episodes... They could have at least made it a 2 cell light with a step up converter sitting in the extra (wasted?) space in the light's "chin(?)"...

Jon

brightnorm

Flashaholic
If you can't improve function, change the form and people will fall for it every time.

Brightnorm

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not even worth my money. The older design is much better, asthetically less puke-inducing, and would just plain feel better in the hands than this pick-axe knockoff...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif