L4 Digital Lumamax has arrived

Likebright

Enlightened
FedEx just dropped of my Light. Lets see ----- unlock tail assembly -----
press clickie -- good firm switch -- not to hard to depress -- WOW great white light beam! YES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif [there it is, as it happend] This is one great light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I am now going to find a closet to sit in. Later
Mike

Kiessling

Flashaholic
have fun on the closet! but don't do something stupid like Craig tends to do with his lights, check for gaskets first!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can always click it furiously for no reason at a white wall...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Likebright

Enlightened
OK I have had a little quality time alone with my L4 now--
The LED is a bit greener than the LED in my Arc LSP not so much as to be objected.
Under the clip at the front was a bit sharp until I took a little emery cloth to it.
Clickie is perfect just enough resistance before clicking on.
The crinkle finish on the tail swich is a bit rougher than that of the body of the light. No biggy.
I've checked for gaskits and now it is sitting in my sink. Ain't bubbling--looks water tight.
This thing is bilt tough!!!!!!
Now to wait for dusk and a little hike into the woods,
I REALLY LIKE THIS LIGHT!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sflate

Enlightened
Is it my imagination or did everyone on early batches say how white it is and many in later batches are saying they see green tints?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
sflate, mine is #137 and it is VERY white except a tiny little impression of yellowish green in the hotspot. but maybe #137 would be early, although I got it 2 weeks ago ...
bernhard

Spudman

Enlightened
Mine is a later batch and is very white. It had a white dot sticker on the head when I got it. Was that on every light or did it mean SF was starting some kind of second inspection? Did your lights have the white dot sticker?
G.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
From what I've been seeing, there's still a pretty good swing in tint/color, even in these 5-watters. I don't think the greeen is anywhere near as bad as what we see in the 1-watt Luxeons. I will say that your chance of getting a white 5-watter is much higher than ever before.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine yesterday as well...it appears to me to be so white that for any lights I get from now on, this will be the standard I use to judge them against before I call them "white". The L4 has spoiled my perception of how I view the color of any other light's output...the standard has definitely been raised. I LOVE this light!!!

PJD

occ

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PJD said:
I got mine yesterday as well...it appears to me to be so white that for any lights I get from now on, this will be the standard I use to judge them against before I call them "white". The L4 has spoiled my perception of how I view the color of any other light's output...the standard has definitely been raised. I LOVE this light!!!

PJD

[/ QUOTE ] Ditto.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You aren't gonna like this...but here it goes...

kl4vssn.jpg

A Space Needle II is on the left, and a SureFire KL4 is on the right.
The Space Needle II is by far, the brightest LED light I own. But the KL4 is so small and discreet, you can take it anywhere and whip it out anytime.

garsea

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that is quite a difference. What is the throw like on the Space Needle II? ( compare it to the 4D mag light since it the best I've got so far, my L4 should be here any day now) Where do we get them and how much are they?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I don't have a 4 cell Mag, so I can't compare the two.
And I live in the middle of a large city, so I can't measure throw either.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello likebright,

My L4 is also a "little" warmer than my LSH-P.

Where are you guys getting these low serial numbers. Mine is 19784.

Tom

Size15's

Flashaholic
Tom,

I may be wrong about this, but it appears to me that for the first time when a new product was released, SureFire some how directed loads of the really low serial numbers to a dealer (or dealers) who just happened to supply a small group of flashlight fans.

I personally think this is a really cool move on SureFire's part.

Al

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Tom,

I may be wrong about this, but it appears to me that for the first time when a new product was released, SureFire some how directed loads of the really low serial numbers to a dealer (or dealers) who just happened to supply a small group of flashlight fans.

I personally think this is a really cool move on SureFire's part.

Al

[/ QUOTE ] Yea except for that when I had to return my very low numbered KL4 for gasket's I got back a much higher numbered one. Of course it really doesn't matter to me to be quite frank.