Anyone know where I can find 40 degrees XP-G Optics?

tekka

Newly Enlightened
I'm doing a group buy for 100 XP-G for a LED planted aquarium and need to know where I can buy 40 degree lens that will fit the new XP-G.

I am ordering my LEDs from cutters since they have free shipping right now but can't seem to find a place to get 40-60 degrees optics for cheap.

Cutter sell them for like $5-6 per lense which is ridiculous because the LEDs are only $4.36 each.

Anyone know where i can find cheap optics? Will the XR-E optics work? I got 25 of them sitting on my desk and would love to be able to use them.

kan3

Newly Enlightened
Digikey carries a lot of Ledil optics for $2.10ea. They have some of the Tina-M right now which are around 30deg or more on a xp-g.

spencer

Enlightened
Using XR-E optics with the XP-G will be hit and miss. The beam pattern sometimes isn't very nice and it will be more floody than it would be with the XR-E. For just narrowing the light source for an aquarium beam pattern shouldn't matter so you should be able to use them. Try it out and see and if you have to order some other ones then do so.

tekka

Newly Enlightened
If the XR-E optics work than that'll be awesome.

The distance from the the plants to the LED is about 24 inches. I figured a 40 degree optic will be needed to focus the beam on the plants in the tank rather than my bedroom floor.

besides ugly pattern is there any other issue with with using xr-e lens on an XP-G

olephart

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently testing 20mm Carlco optics made for the XP-G. They are $1.25 each and the holder is $0.23. The medium and wide frosted optics are free of any hot spot and artifacts. They tend to disperse more than their angle would indicate. They also have a wide angle horizontal beam model that looks interesting. I got them at LED Supply.