Any way to reattach a 5W LS Emitter?

soloco

Enlightened
I was messing around with my Blaster VI; trying on all different optics. I used the new Fraen optics and the light wouldn't turn on. So I check the LED and the emitter was gone! I looked in the optic and there the emitter was. Apparently, the Fraen has a little lip around where the LED goes to give some space between the LED and the optic. This little plastic part decapitated my 5W LS! So now I have a little emitter with no leads, they got chopped off by the Fraen and are still attached to the base. Can I do anything with this thing?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
The leads extend far into the black cast plastic base. Cut away carefully some of the plastic from the top shoulder, and you will expose enough to solder onto.

I could show you how or even do it for you in person, but for some reason we have never met, despite living on the same island.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have a loaner Blaster VI, now I know what *not* to do, or I'll be S.O.L. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

soloco

Enlightened
I was SOOO sure that I marked the right side. I tested and tested. So I soldered the emitter back on and pushed the button. Nothing. So I tested it with all kinds of battery packs. Nothing. I eventually realized that I reversed it and probably fried the emitter. WAH! Oh well. I'll be more careful next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif