LSH-P vs SF E1E-Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Ok ok before you tell me they're different in any sense possible and hang me from the nearest tree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif. Let Me just ask which one of the two has a more focused light as oppose to spot? Any other comparison is appreciated.
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CPF Ardy!

The E1, which uses an incandescent bulb, has a more tightly focused spot than the LSH-P.

The LSH-P, which produces more Lumens and has a durable LED illuminator, has a wider angle beam for medium to near field work.

Peter

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Peter for welcoming me.
Your answer was just what I wanted to know, I'm sold on your LSH-P. Did lot's of research on it and it was all A-1. So my hat off to you and Arc.
Keep it up and thanks again,
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the arc LSH is also regulated, unlike the E1e which is directly driven by the battery. this means the arc LSH will give you maximum brightness during the regulated runtime (about 2 hours), unlike the E1e which will get dimmer as the battery gets used up.

IMHO, LED based lights like the arc LS have overtaken incandescents in the 1x123a category, except perhaps in throw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
ardy, you will NOT regret getting the arc LSH-P! i've been carrying mine with me everyday for the last few months and i love it! i've dropped it quite a few times and its been in my pocket with loose change and keys and it still works like new. the original kroll switch mine came with crapped out, but arc sent me some spares. when you buy an arc, you buy the best commercially-produced LED flashlight and customer service available! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even the throw of the LSHP isn't that bad at all. It may not have a ballon-thin beam like the E1e's, but it more than does well for jobs from 25ft out (and more if you're in total darkness)...

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Ardy Welcome, The output of the ARC LS in relation to its size make them the most convient production lights to EDC that I have found.You can EDC the LS with a twisty in the watch pocket of your LEVIS,so for me,the arc wins because it is with me all the time.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
onelight said:...the arc wins because it is with me all the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

That about sums it up for me, too. Though I undoubtedly carry more than one light sometimes, the Arc's (LS and AAA) is *always* on me.

paulr

Flashaholic
I think the 1W Luxeon has made the incandescent E1e sort of obsolete. The E1e is much nicer with a KL1. But I like the Arc LS better than the E1e/KL1 because of the Arc's smaller size. If you want an incandescent, the E2e still has its attractions, of course.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
CM~
I've never asked the question, but I HAVE wondered how many "other guys", besides me carry both a LSH-P & Triple A Arc as EDC equipment. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. (I carry a LOT of EDC "stuff".) I've gotten it down to a pretty small size, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nobody notices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will

Connor

Enlightened
Hey Kentucky Rifle,

how do you carry your stuff? Spread over several bags and pockets or all in *one* place?

-Connor

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally carry the LSH-P all the time, It is much whiter and has a longer throw than the E1e with KL1 (I recently got a used E1e w/KL1 for my wife to use and the LSH-P still gets my vote for best small light and I think it provides just the right amount of light for most purposes). I usually also have a AAA on me, I like my turquoise the best since the LSH is always with me, I like to have the colored AAA for night vision preservation purposes. I own two AAA LE's too and one is always in my backpack along with my SF C2 which I used to EDC but was replaced by the LS.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Kentucky Rifle said:
CM~
I've never asked the question, but I HAVE wondered how many "other guys", besides me carry both a LSH-P & Triple A Arc as EDC equipment. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. (I carry a LOT of EDC "stuff".) I've gotten it down to a pretty small size, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nobody notices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

I always have my ARC-LSHP + ARC-AAA on me. That covers most of my needs. Add the SureFire L4 and I'm set for just about anything.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I end up carrying alot of "stuff" as EDC. I have managed to move alot of it into a Camelbak Blowfish day pack, but, I still keep an LSH-P in my pocket and a "AAA" with a Berkley Point clip attached to my belt loop or keys. I had the "AAA" before I took the plunge and got my first LS2 Blem and the "AAA" is always with me.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kentucky Rifle said:

I've never asked the question, but I HAVE wondered how many "other guys", besides me carry both a LSH-P & Triple A Arc as EDC equipment. It's nice to know that I'm not alone

I do when I camp, wish it was everyday. I always have my Arc turquoise with me on my key chain

paulr

Flashaholic
I happen to be EDC'ing both an LSL and an AAA recently, but that's just sort of an accident, not really a consciously chosen or steady thing. The AAA is enough light for most of my EDC purposes.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i carry an arc AAA (sometimes on my keychain, sometimes loose in my pocket), an arc LSH-P (in my pocket) and a surefire C2 in my backpack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I only carry both the LS and AAA when casually dressed and I'll be in the dark for extended periods. The LS goes in a pocket with a wrist lanyard. The AAA is around my neck on a longer lanyard. Normally, though, I prefer to travel light and quiet. I carried the AAA on my keychain since shortly before it came out. After getting an LS I carried both it and the AAA for a while, and found that the LS is much more useful. The AAA just doesn't have the power and throw for use in the mixed light and distant situations that come up often in my work. I love the AAA, but the LS was fighting for pocket space with my multi-tool, so I ended up replacing the AAA on my keychain with my smallest multi-tool, a Leatherman Squirt P4. I'm pretty happy with my setup now.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The discussion has drifted to use of the LS and the AAA. And I now realize that since I have gotten my Arc LS, and have been carrying it daily, I have not used my Arc AAA at all, except to use as a comparison for testing purposes.

I had worn the AAA around my neck and used it everywhere. But now it's just a fob on my keychain. Perhaps I have no more use for it? Hmmmm.

Paul

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I got my LSH-P, I too have neglected my AAA. I used to use the AAA all the time, but after experiencing the LSH-P, I am beginning to think that the AAA is too dim. Maybe I'm just spoiled by how bright the LSH-P is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.