Problems with my Fenix t11 r5

shiny36

Newly Enlightened
Hey, just bought and received a t11 r5 and it seems to be broken, though maybe is a very strange design. I've got some duracell ultra lithium 123, cr17345 in it. When the batteries are in, and it's full screwed together, the bulb emits a little light. Not much, but more than enough to tell in the dark. It is not turned on while emitting this light. Seems to be fine when it's on, though I think the switch between modes might be a bit off as I'd expect a larger change between 280 and 60 lumens.

So that's not normal right? And assuming it isn't, anyone familiar in dealing with Fenix returns?

HIDblue

Enlightened
I've got several Fenix lights and none of them do that. I would contact the company you bought it from and exchange it for a new one. Most reputable companies won't give you a hassle if you received a defective product. Where'd you buy it from? :welcome:

shiny36

Newly Enlightened
Em, someone through amazon, they had a lot of sales and a fine rating. So how'd I do for my first light choice? After having used it, I realized it's a bit overkill, but I figured it's a flashlight. Better more than less.