Maglight Mod ?'s

Tenbrook

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here. I want to mod a Mag Light into a LED lumens spitting beast and had some questions. I am real new at this so please bear with me.

1) What is the best stock Maglight to start with (2d, 2c, 3d, 3c, 4d, 4c, ect.)

2) After I get my Maglight where do I start? Is there a step by step tutorial here somewhere?

3) Can a nice modded mag light be made with a $100 budget?

Any tips or links at all on this process would be great! :thumbsup:

Thanks

Tenbrook

soli

Newly Enlightened
Would suggest you start here for info on Drop-Ins. $100 should get you a decent upgrade to a Maglite.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) All C and D Maglites are pretty easy to mod. I really like the 2D format but also the 2C format.

2) You could do a P7 mod. That's pretty easy. Just search for "P7 Maglite" in the forum and you'll get lots of information and some turtorials.

3)Sure, no problem.

rayman

Tenbrook

Newly Enlightened
1) All C and D Maglites are pretty easy to mod. I really like the 2D format but also the 2C format.

2) You could do a P7 mod. That's pretty easy. Just search for "P7 Maglite" in the forum and you'll get lots of information and some turtorials.

3)Sure, no problem.

rayman

The "P7" Mod looks pretty cool!

Would a 2C be a good choice for this project?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A 2C is possible, but you'll either need a boos circuit (hard to get), or use different batteries with higher voltages (can be expensive) since buck circuits are easily available.

A 3 cell Maglite is pretty easy to mod for this.

notsofast

Enlightened
My firs LED was a terralux dropin. It was only $19 unfortunately shipping was $10. It was the worst investment I made, in my onion a waste of money!
I look back and laugh.

There are so many cool and functional options out there for $100.

Take your time read for days and buy something you will eventually buy later. There are some modded maglites for plus or minus $100, look into those.

Latest posts