Olight I20 flicker when first turned on

Kalsu

Enlightened
I just got my Olight I20 in the mail. I noticed that when you first turn it on it flickers before fully turning on. Is this normal for this light. I am sure it doesnt affect its functionality, just more annoying.

Kalsu

Enlightened
Its almost like when you first turn on a fluorescent bulb and it flickers before turning on. Pretty annoying really.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own one of these lights, but I'm pretty sure that's not normal. Have you made sure every connection is good an tight? If there is a metal ring inside the tailcap, make sure it's screwed tight.

Kalsu

Enlightened
Yes I made sure all the connections are tight and the batteries are new. I think I am going to send it back for a new one.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry to hear that. Sending it back is probably the best thing. Does the light actually strobe when it's turned on? Does it do this every time? Have you tried bypassing the tailcap just to rule it out?

Last edited:

Kalsu

Enlightened
Yes it does it everytime. It does strobe when that mode is selected. I still like Olight (I carry the I25 at work). I think they are a good quality light, but I just got a bum one. I think I am going to try out a 4sevens Quirk 123-2 tactical. I have heard good things about them.

Edit: I didn't try to rule out the tail cap. I figured the end result would be the same....sending it back. The guy at the place I bought it from seems to be being pretty cool. I told him I wanted another I20 but he said they were sold out. Hence me looking at the Quirk.

Last edited:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I am going to try out a 4sevens Quirk 123-2 tactical. I have heard good things about them.

You won't be disappointed:thumbsup:. Unless of course you get a bum Quark, but we're not going to speak of that. I have two Quark Tactical 123x2's. One of them is my EDC light and I love them. I also have a Quark 123x2 Turbo. I don't use the Turbo much; I find myself grabbing an even brighter light if I need more light than my 123x2 can provide, but it's a nice light to have around.

I didn't try to rule out the tail cap. I figured the end result would be the same....sending it back.

This is probably best if you don't really know how to work on it, plus it's a brand new light, you shouldn't have to work on it. I only mention the tailcap elimination because that's what I would do, but I do my share of modding, so I have parts laying around (switches included). I would try to fix the light instead of sending it off and not getting one back for a week or two, but like I said, that's just me and you shouldn't have to do that with a brand new light.

Kalsu

Enlightened
I got my Quirk 123-2 in the mail today!!! Talk about fast shipping. I ordered it on Friday and in my mail box today. What a light! I really like it.....a lot. I am no professional light reviewer, but this light seems first class to me. Easy user interface, it puts out plenty of light and is compact enough for everyday carry. Not to mention the 10 year warranty. You can't go wrong with this light in my opinion.:D

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Quirk 123-2 in the mail today!!! Talk about fast shipping. I ordered it on Friday and in my mail box today. What a light! I really like it.....a lot. I am no professional light reviewer, but this light seems first class to me. Easy user interface, it puts out plenty of light and is compact enough for everyday carry. Not to mention the 10 year warranty. You can't go wrong with this light in my opinion.:D

Good deal. I'm glad to hear you're happy:thumbsup:. They're first class all the way.

Latest posts