Projects for LED clusters?

boss429

Newly Enlightened
Projects for LED clusters? This may be the wrong place for this post but what projects are you using the LED clusters and mounted LEDs? I see quite a few for sale in the market forum but no applications? Looks like some might fit a D mag light....?

csa

Enlightened
I've built lights like that - I think it was 50x5mm on a custom board pushed up against the front of a maglight powered by a bunch of series nicads. It worked well enough, and put out an absolute wall of light. Don't use it much anymore because charging is a pain. Fun light though!

bansuri

Enlightened
I'm working on building a circuit that will turn on a bare emitter on the back of my LCD monitor that will brighten the wall behind it when the mo itor is powered on. It reduces the contrast between your screen and the wall you see surrounding it. I did a test run and it's a pleasant improvement.
Currently I'm using a single star-mounted emitter but if it works out nicely I'll pick up one of those boards with multiple emitters.

boss429

Newly Enlightened
I'm working on building a circuit that will turn on a bare emitter on the back of my LCD monitor that will brighten the wall behind it when the mo itor is powered on. It reduces the contrast between your screen and the wall you see surrounding it. I did a test run and it's a pleasant improvement.
Currently I'm using a single star-mounted emitter but if it works out nicely I'll pick up one of those boards with multiple emitters.
That's a great idea. I find myself leaving variuos room light on for the same reason.

Latest posts