E1B guts in E2DL Head

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
I really don't know if this is the appropriate section since I'm not sure if it is qualified to go in the homemade/modified section. So please feel free to move it if needed.

Basically I want the guts of the E1B fitted into a E2DL head. From the little research that I have done, its a matter of swapping out the optic and housing between the two. I usually like doing things myself, but I don't have a good track record working with little electronics.

Anyone out there have parts to complete this and sell me?

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you doing this so that you get the low to come on first? My only caution is that you must remember the E1B is a single-celled light. So, once transplanted, don't run your new E2DL (with E1B circuitry) on more than 1 cell. Another option is to purchase a KX1 head.

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
Are you doing this so that you get the low to come on first? My only caution is that you must remember the E1B is a single-celled light. So, once transplanted, don't run your new E2DL (with E1B circuitry) on more than 1 cell. Another option is to purchase a KX1 head.

As far as I know both come on high first (which is what I want)

I want the look of the E2DL head on my HA-BK E1L body/E2D tailcap to essentially get a E1DL. I could run the E2DL with a RCR, but I prefer primaries. I could just use the E1B head, but to me it looks like a..... I'd rather not say. I could get a KX1 head, but I prefer high to come on first.

Basically this, able to work on primaries with the output of an E1B

IMG_9633.jpg

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't you just swap the bezels? (After heating them to break the loctite, of course.)

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
Can't you just swap the bezels? (After heating them to break the loctite, of course.)

I believe that's just the case, but I don't think I can't accomplish that without damaging something severely. This thread is asking for someone that can do it for me

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Not sure where this is going...
But if you end up pulling the E2DL driver board I might be interested in buying it from you. I am contemplating a driver transplant into my E2L.