The RA Twisty gets improved

007Runner

Banned
I placed a call regarding the Ra twisty and got some news of some new products.
party.gif

The narrow beam for the ra twisty may not ever be available. You do not have to be sad about this.

Looking for a August 2010 release will be a light even better then the twisty. I was only told a little bit, so I will tell you all I know.

A narrow beam version will be available on this light. The low will be 0.8 lumen's with lots of choices in between. I asked what the max lumen out put would be, and I was told "Alllllllottttttt". Plus it will have a very good run time. Pretty sure this is going to be a new recent led. It will also be a single cell Cr123a primary only. People that have seen this light are very excited I was told.

Next product that they will be releasing in the near future is a headlamp. I was told this was made for miners or cave dwellers who's lives depend on this light. It is intended for 24 hour a day use. Will be much brighter then the saint by surefire. Very heavy duty but not very heavy on the head.

Last bit of news is that a key chain light is going to be considered. I really hope they produce this because all the current key chain lights except surefire are total crap at this time.

This is all I know let the speculations run wild.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I am glad I do not have sufficient budget to get another twisty now since I just bought a clicky this month :whistle:

EDIT to Add: 007Runner, did you say that it accepts only CR123 primaries? Or do you mean it only takes one battery of the CR123/RCR123 type?

Last edited:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Should you care to visit the RA/HDS website, you'll find the newest specs for the updated Twisty, sadly, there is no other current news on the sight about a RA Headlamp but that is why I have been holding onto my wallet carefully because I believe that this HL will be just what the doctor ordered for my purposes.:thumbsup:

Zendude

Enlightened
File under "not total crap":

-Ti Killer AAA by PhotonFanatic
-Ti Sapphire by McGizmo/Arc
-Drake/Draco by Modamag
-Arc AAA

:thumbsup: john

I'd add the Fenix E01 to that list! It may not have the price or the prestige but that light can take anything you throw at it....or anything you throw it at!:devil:

Oh, and I'm very exited to see what HDS comes out with next. I've always admired those lights....from a distance.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Guys lets drop the energy on the OP's disparaging remark about key chain lights, and concentrate on the good info on improved/new Ra/HDS lights.

Bill

Russki

Enlightened
Interesting.
I converted one of my RA Twistystys to XP-G R5, :whistle: very bright, but run properly only with Primaries. With rechargeable goes blue on high. :poof:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Interesting.
I converted one of my RA Twistystys to XP-G R5, :whistle: very bright, but run properly only with Primaries. With rechargeable goes blue on high. :poof:

The low vf of the XP-G can be a problem. Gene Malkoff had to redesign his M60 circuit when he when to the XP-G. The board/LED could not handle it.

Bill

007Runner

Banned
And I am glad I do not have sufficient budget to get another twisty now since I just bought a clicky this month :whistle:

EDIT to Add: 007Runner, did you say that it accepts only CR123 primaries? Or do you mean it only takes one battery of the CR123/RCR123 type?

I was told it is a single cell light. Runs on one CR123a lithium battery. Runs on primaries only.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
. . . and from another direction. I ordered a 140GT Twisty today and was told that Twistys would soon be out of production because there is not a big enough market for them. If you want them, better order them!

blub

Enlightened
. . . and from another direction. I ordered a 140GT Twisty today and was told that Twistys would soon be out of production because there is not a big enough market for them. If you want them, better order them!

Put a clip on them and I'll buy two.

blub

Enlightened
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch79
File under "not total crap":

-Ti Killer AAA by PhotonFanatic
-Ti Sapphire by McGizmo/Arc
-Drake/Draco by Modamag
-Arc AAA

:thumbsup: john

You missed Peak...