Wuben        
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Which swiss army knife do you use?

Unenlightened

Default Re: Which swiss army knife do you use?

Wow, really surprised to see so much love for the SAK here and some amazing pieces for sure!

Overclocker, how do you manage to carry your 111mm everywhere in Philippines? I've had security hold my 84mm a ton of times because they consider it a dangerous weapon.

Anyway, here is my modest addition. This is my custom 84mm Lumberjack + Scissors. Not the only one that I EDC but definitely the most common. With 300+ unique Alox in my collection there is always another one that just needs to be carried every now and then lol

I carry a Victorinox Tinker, on duty and off. Works well for me.

^ ^ ^

Same for me !

Victorinox Tinker is SOOOOO handy !

Yet small and discreet

I have the translucent blue scales,
    which make it appear even Less Threatening.

_

Flashaholic*

When working I'm not really comfortable with bulging pockets, I do a lot of lifting and carrying of stuff.
    I've gone with a Victorinox Manager on my keyring because I sometimes need a pen. The little blade is quite capable of cutting open a box or cutting away the plastic around a pallet of product.

My other keyring has a Victorinox Rambler on it - another useful little SAK.
    So many lights, so little money (cause I spent it on lights). I'm not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of ME!

Honorary Aussie

Have carried various officer's models for decades, including the ones with stainless and mother of pearl scales.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

I carry a Cybertool with custom OD Micarta scales I made and installed on it...works great for all sorts of tasks. I use it several times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmaster View Post
    I carry a Cybertool with custom OD Micarta scales I made and installed on it...works great for all sorts of tasks. I use it several times a week.
    That sounds awesome! Pics? :-)

Might pick up a Bantam soon. But perhaps I should just stick with my Bartender/Waiter model. Same knife but with a corkscrew feature that could accommodate the little plastic eye-glass screwdriver from Victorinox if I buy that separately.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Love my Explorer.
    Also very non-threatening to other people, as opposed to many other pocket knives.

Its not always on me but its always near by, dont know the brand, just know it was on sale for $5 and it has proved its self invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_sti_red View Post
    Love my Explorer.
    Also very non-threatening to other people, as opposed to many other pocket knives.
    Never underestimate the paranoia of the hoplophobes. I know a true tale of an elderly woman who called 911 when she saw a fellow commuter.... using a Swiss Army penknife (Classic model) to cut open his mail.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Never underestimate the paranoia of the hoplophobes. I know a true tale of an elderly woman who called 911 when she saw a fellow commuter.... using a Swiss Army penknife (Classic model) to cut open his mail.
    crazy!
    Legality of daily carry is questionable here, so many people raise eyebrows when you take one out, but a Classic should scare no one. A tea spoon is more dangerous ....

Hoplophobia. Had to look that one up

Quote Originally Posted by Rider57 View Post
    Its not always on me but its always near by, dont know the brand, just know it was on sale for $5 and it has proved its self invaluable.
    Price doesn't matter. If it works when you need it, it's invaluable.
    And I like the look of it. Enjoy!
    Thomas

I edc alox mini champ and cadet

This one at work:

These at home:

LUX'Ottica

Flashaholic*

I love the alox Soldier & Cadet. I picked up a 2015 blue alox Cadet several months ago. I LOVE the Cadet, as it fits so nicely into my watch pocket of my Levi's.

Enlightened

I purchased this one in either 1997 or 1998, I can't remember which, and somehow have not broken a tool yet. In fairness, this lives in my bag and tends to only come out when the pocket knife in my pocket won't do, and I've been through a couple of those.

And now that I'm looking at it instead of something that made me frowney enough to reach for it, it could use a cleaning.

I will say that for outdoor use, I prefer a SAK with a saw as well as an awl. Mainly my Victorinox red Alox-handled Farmer gets the nod those times.

Flashaholic*

Besides the GITD Scaled one I posted above, this recent one:

LUX'Ottica

Alox cadet or sometimes a tinker.
    "Push back the night" - Bob Weir

Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post
    Very nice. Wish I hadn't missed out on the 2015 Limited Edition color. The 2016 one is a bit too soft for me.

Just wanted to mention that the One-Hand Vic. Trekker is replacing my Red handled Alox Farmer as my main outdoor SAK.

I always have my Minichamp as part of my edc. It's got everything I'd probably need for any edc task. It's got a pen too which I never thought I'd find so handy. I edc this in conjunction with my Kershaw Shuffle II which has a better blade, bigger flathead/pry tool and bottle opener.

The Classic Limited I really just bought because it looks real neat with those scales.

The Leatherman Squirt is there for when I need pliers or a slightly beefier multitool.
    Last edited by HaileStorm; 01-27-2018 at 12:55 AM.

A little Swiss Army Rambler lives on my keychain. The most useful knife is the one you have with you, and the Rambler is a great little lightweight knife that takes no effort to carry.

Occasionally a Swiss Army Tinker in my pocket because of the full-size phillips and flat screwdrivers.

A Leatherman Sidekick for the occasions when I venture out of my suburban cocoon.

Victorinox Manager.

I like it's size for my EDC keychain, and its selection of tools - esp. the Phillips screwdriver and ballpoint pen.

Default Which swiss army knife do you use?

The alox minichamp is always on the key set.

Am carrying the Compact. Knife, scissors and a ballpoint pen
    And have a Outrider in my work-bag.

Flashaholic*

I typically carry an Explorer, but will occasionally down-size to a Tinker or Cadet.

--flatline

Black mini on my keys, the boss has the white mini, alox and a couple of others thrown in.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567