FourSevens        
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which swiss army knife do you use?

Default Re: Which swiss army knife do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    ...I'd EDC a model with a sawblade attachment...
    This is what I've been seeing in my head since the second I read that:
    C21Cvn IMR18650

Ha ha!

How much do one of those "models" retail for?
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzwinkus View Post
    This is what I've been seeing in my head since the second I read that:

OMG - I 'm off to sign up to the Swiss Army right now!!!!!!

I have a SAK Classic on my keychain, an Alox Soldier in my pocket when I have to dress nice (it carries nice in the pocket of my dress pants), a OHT when I'm working in the backyard, and a Huntsman in my check-in bag when I go to Central America.

I'm now really trying to justify the purchase of a Hunter.

late to this thread but nearly any 2/3 layer SAK will work for me.

i always have a classic on my keys and it is one of the handiest SAK's. i can rotate between a cadet, recruit (cadet w/ plastic stocks and small blade), old soldier, and farmer and feel like i have a complete tool set for my needs.

i carry the farmer is EDC'd least of all. i have also ground an edge on the file of the cadet essentially adding an awl into the mix... kind of a mini soldier.

Flashaholic

I carry a "Classic" model on my keyring. Once in a while, I'll carry a "Recruit" in my pocket.

Have always carried a folding pocket knife since I was about 10, Many have been SAK,
    Last few years this has been a mini champ, this was proceeded by another mini champ (which was lost) and before these a couple of classic's.
    But having recently become a flashaholic my mini champ now has a ITP A3 eos SS to keep it company

Much as I like 58mm SAK's , since discovering the Rambler , I cant see why anyone carries a classic . The magnetized #1 Phillips driver is way too handy !

Chris

I'm rocking this combo today. I like it.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

For years I've carried a Victorinox Tinker, but recently I upgraded to the Super Tinker. I like the Tinkers because of the Phillips screwdriver, and I've never really needed a corkscrew. I like the Super Tinker for the addition of scissors to the basic Tinker setup. I don't know what the hook is intended for, but I often discover uses for my SAK that aren't necessarily what the designers had in mind

I also EDC an original Leatherman tool that I've had from back in the day when there was just one Leatherman tool. I don't think it even has a model name (might have been the PST). It is slim enough to be tucked in the back slot of my Nite Ize cell phone holster, behind my phone. The SAK rides in my right front pocket every day.

My primary EDC is a Leatherman Charge.

Backup is a SAK "One Hand" model. My favorite is the Rescue Tool, but I've been known to carry each One Hand locking blade model SAK makes from time to time.

Flashaholic*

Red Alox Pioneer or a Tinker, depends on my mood...
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

I have around 16 SAKs, but quite a few of them are for collecting and not using.

I have a Blue Alox Classic SD in my pocket all the time, attached to my iTP A3 EOS.

I also regularly use a Driver (Economy scaled Recruit).

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmtl514 View Post
    I'm rocking this combo today. I like it.
    I want one.

Fenix TK40/LD10/L2D/E01/NiteCore D10/SolarForce L2m & L2/Icon Rogue 1/Quark AA² Tactical/Aurora SH-034/SKYRAY S-R5/UltraFire WF-504B/iTP A3 EOS/TrustFire XP-EF23 & F20/Akoray K-106/Romisen RC-A5 & RC-N3 II/Tank007 E07/LunaPower Lumahunter.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfool View Post
    I want one.

I just bought one at County Comm. I love it. It's a great tool but not the total solution. I also carry a SAK Executive (for the scissors and tooth pick), a Benchmade mini-Rukus 615 folder, and a Leatherman Crunch. I carry the Crunch for the vice grip pliers. Everything else on the Crunch is crap compared to the SAK.
    Jim - Have lights, lead, and steel will travel

The heck with runtime. I just want to hold the sun in my hands!! Brighter is Better!

My CRKT M16-01T is my EDC.

I own and EDC one of my dream SAKs, the Victorinox Deluxe Tinker. I keep a Swisscard in my wallet.

Huntsman
    Quark 123^2 Turbo: Quark 123^2 Tactical S2: Quark 123 Tactical S2: Quark 123^2 NW Regular: Fenix PD30 R2: Fenix L2D Q5: Solarforce L2 w/ Nailbender SST-90 drop-in: Incendio v2: Inova X1: Robert's Custom EDC: HDS Ra Clicky 140E w/ blk SS bezel

Flashaholic

Red Alox Cadet

I use the Swiss Army Camper

I switched over to a Vic Compact and I really love it. I bought a Queen of DE Compact from the UK and it has a phillips screwdriver instead of the corkscrew, it's my new edc SAK.
    GG~

Flashaholic

I rotate 4. The Champion Plus, Delux Tinker, Super Tinker,Explorer. The common thing is they all have scissors.I like my LM Wave(original style) but it doesnt have a tooth pick.

Flashaholic

Wenger Journey Man (I think.) Had a big serrated blade I reground it to more of a sheepsfoot with a convex edge. I'm a copier technician and I make use of just about every tool on it. Use it everyday for something. Only complain is that seems like Wenger's backsprings are weak. This is my second one and the big blade on this one is like the last.. doesn't stay closed all the way. Might have to try a Vic next time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I just bought one at County Comm..
    That's a little spendy compared to exactly the same thing (less scale color) here. They were even cheaper around Christmastime.

Flashaholic*

I EDC a Victorinox Cybertool and have been doing so for about 10 years, it was a new SAK model out when I got mine (I believe it was from the first shipment into this country). I also EDC a Leatherman Wave that I bought a few months later. Amazingly not only have I not lost or broken anything on either tool but the pen on my Cybertool still writes. All blades on both tools are 'shaving sharp' too.
    So many lights, so little money (cause I spent it on lights). I'm not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of ME!

As a little kid, I EDC'd a SAK. Now I EDC a leatherman squirt E4, because I actually find it useful (I almost never used the SAK). The wire strippers are god tier, perfectly matched up. Better than any dedicated wire strippers in the price range. I got it because TSA took my squirt P4 (even though I had a bigger knife in my wallet ).

Enlightened

I carry a gunmetal grey Cadet, every day!

Flashaholic

I have the new leatherman wave as I loved the older one but gave it to my dad for fathers day a few years ago. Then recently bought this one about a year ago on ebay for 30 bucks brand new as they have a person on there that just sells them without the packaging and the sheath.

This thing not only has been of great service but goes in my edc county comm tac sac, which is also awesome.

For when Im not carrying my bag I am looking at the new leatherman style cs. This is my future edc as here in Arizona, being ethnic, I DO NOT want to carry a big knife as these cops over here have been notorious for shooting people with a butter knife. If its going to be in my pocket its going on a keychain for being inconspicuous.

That victor sak looks pretty sweet too!
    "When you do something right, no one remembers. When you do something wrong, no one forgets."
    Edison was right with dc all along...

+1 on the Explorer. The scissors, phillips and especially magnifying glass are used all of the time.

I would be lost without the magnifying glass. As I have aged seeing thing up close is just not the same without it!

A Victorinox Deluxe Tinker - bought it recently (fairly good price from Victoria's Basement here in Aus).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast