Quark AA R5 question

snipes1027

Newly Enlightened
My brand new quark is doing funny things. In SOS mode the series of flashes alternate between long and short, meaning the first set of flashes is normal maybe a sec and the second series are just short bursts, it continues to alternate and not necessarily short to long or vice versa. Also in beacon mode it also seems to have timing issues. The first three seconds or so have normal operation, then the intervals between flashes gets progressively longer, up to about 10 seconds between flashes. Is this normal operation?

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
It sounds like your light is functioning perfectly. SOS mode literally signals 's' 'o' 's' in morse code.

carrot

Flashaholic
Yes. Your light is 100% normal.

Beacon mode flashes a few times to signify that it is in beacon mode, and then it carries on to do its once-every-ten-seconds thing. This is meant as a locator beacon and is quite power efficient, allowing for days of use.

Also, as for SOS, it is dot dot dot dash dash dash dot dot dot, which is morse code for "SOS" - the international sign for Save Our aSses.

snipes1027

Newly Enlightened
Ya i thought the SOS might just be me being dumb, but the beacon just seems odd. The flash isn't even a crisp on hold and off, and its more than just the element of preflash its more like a flicker on and flicker off, but it sounds as though thats its normal operation. Thanks guys. :stupid: