• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 XPG modules - warm, neutral, cool white/SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
CLOSED PLEASE GO TO PART 7 located HERE

PART 6 !!!
P60 Style Custom Drop - in modules for SF and other Products. (part 5 can be found here)

Here I am offering P60 Style drop ins, they are available with Leds from the following manufacturers with some of the leds that will be offered are below.

SSC Seoul
- P7 , P4
Cree - MC-E , XP-E, XRE , UV THE NEW XPG are here in warm , neutral or cool white
Osram - Diamond Dragon , Golden Dragon Plus, GDP IR/ Ostar IR
Luminus - SST -50, SST -90
Nichia - UV
K2 TFFC
-
Rebel

Ledengine- UV

Please refer only to part 6 for prices and current selections.

These modules will fit any flashlight that accepts a standard P60/D26 Style module.

IF a GREAT host is needed here are some great hosts by Five Mega to look at (HERE)

Here is one of the emitter in the base and converter board
emittersmall.jpg
Driversmalljpg.jpg

View of the module from the top and typical beam shot

Finishedtopsmall.jpg
Wallshotsmall.jpg

You can still see a bit of a doughnut hole in this picture but most of the time we can focus all or most of it out.

This is a picture of the new reflector made for the Cree XPE & XPG This gives a very smooth and concentrated hotspot.
XPEmodule-1.jpg

New OPTICS Modules for XRE
Top.jpg

All of the modules end up being as close to standard length as possible The large die leds are much thicker and there is a small possibilty that there will be a crack at the head and body. I keep all as short as possible so if there is a crack there is probably nothing that can be done.

All hosts are slightly different and one module may fit tight in a SF product and a bit loose in a FM Nite clone or an FM C but they will fit all. One may have to have the spring cut down to allow the head to close more or a whole spring may be needed to keep the module from rattling.

Here are some of the modules that can be purchased with some of the configurations.

Most LED's are carried in Cool White, Neutral White, or Warm white. They will be listed if in stock.

Battery configs listed are for any battery that falls into the range listed.

ALL LEDS BELOW ARE STOCKED

Seoul P7 $65 - 3.6v - 6volts ONLY /
1- 3 or 5 levels direct drive or 3 level regulated /Cool White

CREE LEDS

Cree XRE - XPE - $30
- 3.6 - 6 volts 3 level regulated high / med / low
3.6 -8.4V regulated 3 levels high / med/ low (no memory)

XPE R2 or R3 available / neutral (Q3 5B) and warm tints plus new XPE Green , Red

XRE OPTICS Cool white , neutral white and warm whites.
8degree/ 60 degree.
$37 for module and 1 optic $40 with 2 optics

Smooth and OP reflectors also available

Cree
XP-G R5 -$35
5 level high / med / low / SOS / Strobe with memory / 1.4 amp
3 level high / med / low 3.6-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
2 levels High / Low 3.6-6 volts with memory/ 1.4 amp
3 levels high / med/ low / 3.6-8.4 volts No memory / 1.5 amp
1 level 3.6-6 volts or 4-14 volts / 1.4 amp
3 & 5 level 1v-4.2 volts for low voltage for A / AA lights * perfect for 3P * NO L2R HOSTS they are not compatible with my low voltage drivers
Available in

Q5 3000k 7D2 tint
R2 4000k 5B3 tint /5B2
R4 5000k 3C tint
R5 6500k 1C
/ 1B / 1A tints

DUAL XPG (Linger Special)$45 Any of the above bins are possible / 3 level 2.5 amp 3.6-6 volts max

DBS MODULES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

Thermal Potting available upon request $5 upcharge. 1 mode 2.8 amp drivers are $5 upcharge because of cost of drivers.

Cree MCE $ 65 - 3.6 - 6 volts/
1 - 3 or 5 levels direct drive
1 - 3 level regulated / Cool - Neutral - Warm bins

OSRAM LEDS

Osram Diamond Dragon $40 - 3.6 -6 volts / 1 level
Ultra White /WARM WHITE/True Green / Red

Osram Golden Dragon Plus $40 -3.6 - 6 volts Regulated high / med / low /
3.6 - 8.4v 3 level High / Low / Strobe
Ultra White, , Warm White tints

LUMINUS SST SERIES LEDS

Luminus SST-50 - $65 - 3.6 -6volts only
direct drive 1 - 3 or 5 levels only
Regulated -- 2 level --High - low / 3 level -- high - med - low / 5 level -- high - med - low - strobe -SOS
6500K Cool White
(W65S-GJ102-WJ-G3 )
5700K neutral (W57-GJ201-WJ-H4 )

4500K neutrals (W45S-GH400-WJ-N4)

DBS MODULES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

Luminus SST -90 -$80 - 3.6 -6 volts only /1 - 3 or 5 Levels direct drive
6500K Cool White (W65S-GN100-WN-DE)
5700K neutral (W57S-GN200-WN-H4)
4500k neutral (W45S GM401-WM-P4)
3000k warm 83CRI ( W30M-GK700-WK-U3 )
Green - Red
- Blue $80

UV LEDS

Cree UV XL 7090 $45 (395nm)3.6 v-6volts /1 level

Nichia UV $125
(365nm)3.6-6 volts 1 level

OSRAM IR LEDS

Osram Golden Dragon IR $45 (850 & 940nm)-3.6v- 6 volts /1 level

Osram Ostar 21 watt IR (850nm & 940nm) 9-12 volts 1 level

I also have
Rebels CW / Neut/ warm high CRI
K2TFFC CW / Neut/ warm
P4 CW / Neut / warm high CRI
please PM for info on these

ANY MODULES LISTED AS 6 VOLTS MAX CAN NOT BE USED WITH LIFEPO4 BATTS. THERE HAS BEEN TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THESE BATTS AND PROPER CHARGING METHODS. WARRANTY WILL NOT COVER BOARDS BURNED UP BY USING THESE BATTS.

I try to keep the above listed led's in stock, I also try to keep the newest and most popular bins and color temps from cool whites / neutrals / and warm white high CRI models.

Now as to level in drivers , most of the time the levels are fixed and can't be changed. Now that said some drivers may have groups so that I may be able to accommodate some changes not shown such as special strobe packages for bike riders and such.

As new drivers become available the offerings will change on this page so please check it first. I often will have to change depending on what drivers I have available to me at the time so please check this page and I will update as needed.

Please specify what host and batts you are using when inquiring about a module or led.

Just remember if you don't see it or don't understand something just write as I don't mind helping but check this page first.
Now that said the search button for the forum has a wealth of knowledge, much more than I can ever remember and usually with in days of a new led release runtimes and lumens are often posted.

When ordering please post your order in this thread plus put details of what typed led ordered including choice of reflector / levels and type driver DD or regulated / check to see if address is visible . Also please list CPF Nickname in paypal notes. Shipping is 3 working days

Make sure your address in paypal is correct becuase that IS WHERE IT WILL BE SENT.
If you want it mailed to an alternate address Please make sure I acknowledge that the paypal address is incorrect.
Do not send me an alternate address with out making it known the paypal address is incorrect, please state I want my parcel sent to an alternate address if this is not done I will think it is a duplicate address and will send to what is listed on PP.

MY Paypal info in biography or PM for.
Credit card users please add 4%

Shipping Conus is included / International shipping is $5 for 1st class Int up to two modules , Priority Mail with tracking is $15 up to 3 modules , express mail and more than 3 modules quoted.

Beam shots are posted below and new products will be posted below. Please send your beam shots and I will try to list when possible or create a link to them.
I will as I can try to keep wall shots updated as for outside beam shots those will probably be left for others as my camera doesn't take good shots out side at night or could be the operator is not good enough:D

New offerings will be listed below as they become
available.

D36 for M STYLE and M to C lights are (HERE)

IN NEED OF A HOST THEN HERE ARE SOME GREAT FORUM MEMBERS THAT CAN HELP

Here on BST get Five Mega 1 & 2 X 26500 host (Here) These are some of my favorites

On marketplace get Fivemega 18mm Bodies in 5 Sizes Here
Jason will take care of you.

For milling of maglites and general millwork Will Quiles is the master and can be found (HERE)

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 XPG modules in warm, neutral, cool white/ SST-50 -90 P60 dropin Modules (part

beamshots

SST-50 on left and SST -90 on the right
SST-50.jpg
sstbeam.jpg

Warm MCE on Left & Mbin Cool White on Right.
warmwhitebeamshot.jpg
CoolWhite.jpg

XPE Beam shot / XPE R2 VS Diamond Dragon

xpebeamshot.jpg
R2XPEonleftDDonright-1.jpg

XRE R2 VS K2 TFFC Warm / P7 VS XPE R2

R2K2TFFCsmall-1.jpg
P7R2-D01binXRE.jpg

P7 beam shot / MCE warm

P7Hotspot.jpg
WarmMop.jpg

Red Diamond Dragon on left / Green Diamond Dragon on right

Red.jpg
Green.jpg

Green SST 90

greensst90.jpg

XPG R4 looks great with very smooth beam in these reflectors

XPGC1.jpg

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 XPG modules in warm, neutral, cool white/ SST-50 -90 P60 dropin Modules (part

new items

Linger Special, this is a module that was conceived through member Linger. Out north of the border friend asked me to put 2 XP-G leds on a 10mm board side by side. So I was somewhat worried about heat and the small board and becuase of design of the board and extra mass I went with a 14mm board.

These are mounted side by side on one board and they work perfectly.
They produce 510 lumens out the front of floody yet very bright light. There is a small doughnut hole in the beam pattern on the wall but little if any is noticed outside.
This has become my wifes new light of choice. As she says I want the bright one.

beam.jpg
topimage.jpg

Wild looking are they not.

Price will be $45 and will be using a 2.5 amps 3 level driver which pushes them pretty hard.

Dave

New Low Power Special I now have a good boost driver that will work with several of the leds and with voltages from 1.2v to 4.2v. These will push a XPG at 1 amps on a AA battery.
So anyone who has a single AA cell light I have a good driver for it. These also will be great with one primary for pocket rockets.
More on this one later.

OPTICS FOR DROP INS

Here is another new product. This is a way to use optics in a Drop in module. This was a few months back shown by another member and he told me that he did not mind if I had these milled.

I have to thread lock the holder so that the right distance from the led is stable so switching from a reflector to this is not recommended.

These are made for XRE and work great with them I have 8Degree narrow and 40 degree and a few 60 degree.

The pictures

Inside.jpg

Top.jpg
side-1.jpg

The optic snaps lightly on the XRE frame and is held in by the glass in the lamp head.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

lamp heads

These are some Chinese cloned Lamp Holders they fit all C & P Surefire models and most clones I would imagine. I bought some to fill some FM C hosts & FM Nite hosts I had that needed heads, I bought a couple of each while I was getting some.

The quality is quite good I thought. There may be a speck of anno missing where the aggressive flutes and ribs are but very little as you can see by the pictures.
The ribs and flutes should help cool the heads some.

Any bezels you have for your C or P surefire or clones will fit these just like they do any SF product.

Here are pictures, hopefully most detail can be seen since they are black it is harder to show.
Left side I call bottom ribbed and hex shape. Right side is bottom ribbed & fluted

bottomfinHexnoflute.jpg
bottomfluteFin.jpg

Left side I call top ribbed & fluted (out of stock for one week) is my favorite although may be to aggressive for some. Right side is top view as top is same on all

topfluteandrib.jpg
topshot.jpg

Here they are on a FM C style host and a 18650 FM Nite host
onhosts2.jpg

Prices are the same for any of the three.

Price of heads are $ 30 shipping included CONUS

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi All

Here is a new section I hope this may be a bit easier to read some may think yes some not but here it is anyway.

I will try to update some of the beamshots to incorporate at least the new leds offered.

I also want to say thanks to all the great members that make this possible for me to offer.
I will keep offering the newest leds and products that I can find.

Dave

S.E.G

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 XP-G

Dave,
I will take one of the following
Cree XP-G R5 -$35
1 level 3.6-6 volts
R5 6500k 1C
tint
Direct Drive
OP reflector
Let me know a total including postage to New Zealand.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll post some shots of the XR-E Optics when the mailman comes :)

EDIT: Here's a comparison of the 8 and 40 degree optics. Only taken on a phone camera, but good enough for a comparo. They're both taken about 1.5m from the wall. It's pretty obvious which is which :D

4557492630_4cde2c19d1.jpg
4556863641_f16f01e399.jpg

Don't take any notice of relative brightness either, as on the phone there's no control of any settings.

Last edited:

Vermonter73

Enlightened

Thanks for the new list, it's easier to read. Would you mind listing the current draw for the drivers? 1.4 max, etc? And if you have the info the levels - 100%, 50%, 2%, etc. Thanks!

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: low-power boost driver: 1.0V or 1.2V

Does your low-power boost driver boost from 1.0V, as stated here:
3 & 5 level 1v-4.2 volts for low voltage for A / AA lights * perfect for 3P *
or 1.2V, as stated here:
New Low Power Special: I now have a good boost driver that will work with several of the leds and with voltages from 1.2v to 4.2v. These will push a XPG at 1 amps on a AA battery.

Hemil

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave
Not sure if I'm getting it wrong, but I cant find the XPG Q5 3C 3000K in the XPG Binning & Labeling pdf. There's neutral white Q5 3C at 4750K & 5000K and then there's warm white Q5 3000K 7A1->7D4. Could you please clarify which one it is? Hopfully my last question before placing an order :) Thank you for your help and patience!
XGrTwMsQH.jpg

oakVKgTSH.jpg

http://www.cree.com/products/pdf/XLampXP_B&L.pdf

Last edited:

mellowman

Newly Enlightened

@Hemil, I think he meant

Q5 3000k 7C3 tint
R2 4000k
5B3 tint

rice rocket

Newly Enlightened

Dave, can you do XR-Es on 10mm boards? Or do they only make 'em that small for XP series emitters?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does your low-power boost driver boost from 1.0V, as stated here:
3 & 5 level 1v-4.2 volts for low voltage for A / AA lights * perfect for 3P *
or 1.2V, as stated here:
New Low Power Special: I now have a good boost driver that will work with several of the leds and with voltages from 1.2v to 4.2v. These will push a XPG at 1 amps on a AA battery.

HI

You all are sure tough just take it as it will work for a single A as I have posted please.
I dropped it down becuase I got tired of answering if a single A could be used.

I don't see a real question here so I will repeat it will work for a single A as posted

This is the same driver I have had it is listed as 1.2 from vendor but works with single A

Hope that helps

Dave

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave
Not sure if I'm getting it wrong, but I cant find the XPG Q5 3C 3000K in the XPG Binning & Labeling pdf. There's neutral white Q5 3C at 4750K & 5000K and then there's warm white Q5 3000K 7A1->7D4. Could you please clarify which one it is? Hopfully my last question before placing an order :) Thank you for your help and patience

HI

I do know where to find the binning charts for Cree, I used to just posted kit numbers before and every one was dissatisfied so now I am giving you exactly what I got from the distributor. I am sure Mellowman is correct in his statement thanks

I am at their mercy as I can only give what information is given to me. That is the best I can do. Shoot KD still lists as WD go figure

The color temp also came from them lets hope they know what they are doing.

I believe all vendors are trying to get used to the new binning charts that were released earlier.
Dave

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave, can you do XR-Es on 10mm boards? Or do they only make 'em that small for XP series emitters?

Hi

No I don't have any that small. PM me for what you are looking to do.

Dave

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast

HI

You all are sure tough just take it as it will work for a single A as I have posted please.
I dropped it down becuase I got tired of answering if a single A could be used.

I don't see a real question here so I will repeat it will work for a single A as posted

This is the same driver I have had it is listed as 1.2 from vendor but works with single A

Hope that helps

Dave
The reason that curious minds want to know is it 1.2V or 1.0V is simple: The answer will tell us, "Will my nickel-metal-hydride cell continue to provide regulated electrons even after the cell is nearly exhausted?"

Brian321

Enlightened

I just recieved my NB SST-50 drop-in so i figured i would give you guys my thoughts.

IMHO It is awesome. The beam is very close to the Malkoff M61.

For those of you who arent lucky enough to get your hands on a M61 I highly reccomend getting a NB SST-50.

On the left is the Malkoff M61 in a SF 6P host, On the right is NB SST-50 4500k in a SF Z2 host,

IMG_0278.jpg

While the M61 is a little more floody and has a tiny bit more spill, The SST-50 is brighter and the beam is just awesome.

I just got this today and havent been able to try it outside in the dark yet, But so far it is great.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.