Looking for a specific light, need help finding it!

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Hi all,

After going through quite a few different sized cheap lights i think i finally know what light suits me best for EDC and am starting to look for a keeper! Here's what im looking for (list in order of importance):

-Single CR123a sized light, must accept 16340!
-Full titanium body, uncoated, pref polished or just nice clean machined :grin2:
-Clicky! I can't stand twisties! Pref the button itself must be titanium as well.
-Multi-mode, max being at least 200 lumen.
-Simple cylindrical shape (no fat head and such) or as close to this shape as possible. Smaller is better here.
-No clip or removable clip, must have a lanyard hole.
-No knurling!!

So, what are my options? :sssh:

I have a feeling this might get expensive fast ;)

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Those quarks are nice and all but the only ones i can find either use a twisty or are black anodized..... Or am i missing something here?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac's custom Ti SST-50 would work except there is no lanyard hole unless you can talk him into drilling a hole.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight Infinitum Titanium could be what you are looking for.

Unfortunately it was made in a limited run and is no longer available but you might find one on CPFM.

wcfqyh.jpg

:wave:

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Those Mac's and McGizmos are exactly what im looking for :thumbsup: ....... unfortunately ;)

I had a feeling this would go up into and over the $300 range quite fast, don't know if im willing to spend that kind of money on a flashlight just yet......

Maybe i should sell a watch or something :whistle:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't know if im willing to spend that kind of money on a flashlight just yet......

You will most likely end up going that route in the future, might as well skip all the other levels of lights and money spending, and go straight to the customs :)

I would go straight to SF and custom lights if I could start my flashaholicism over again :p

My Haiku XP-G hasn't left my side since the day I got it.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
So, lets see then....

-Single CR123a sized light, must accept 16340!
-Full titanium body, uncoated, pref polished or just nice clean machined :grin2:
-Clicky! I can't stand twisties! Pref the button itself must be titanium as well.
-Multi-mode, max being at least 200 lumen.
-Simple cylindrical shape (no fat head and such) or as close to this shape as possible. Smaller is better here.
-No clip or removable clip, must have a lanyard hole.
-No knurling!!

To tell you the truth, the Quark Ti ticks all the right boxes (well, except for the no knurling part but i did put that on the bottom of my list for a reason) and i like the optional lego thing, if i ever want a AA light i can order just a tube!

:hitit:

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Is this even close to what you are looking for?
http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?products_id=2195
Dave

No, i really really really hate twisties so that part of that light is a complete dealbreaker for me!

But on the other hand, the looks of that light are great and the normal 123 does have a clicky, i think i could even live with that knurling as its not that big of a deal..... So;

This model:
4SevensQuark123_182x122r.jpg

but than this material;
4SevensQuarkMiNi123_Ti_800x536_sm.jpg

I guess thats as close as im going to get for around $100...... lovecpf

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having owned the Quark Ti lights, I would still highly suggest going the custom light route... it really will save you in the long run, I believe.

The Quality is tenfold also... if not more.

Just have a guess what I sold my Quark Ti lights for :D

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Having owned the Quark Ti lights, I would still highly suggest going the custom light route... it really will save you in the long run, I believe.

The Quality is tenfold also... if not more.

Just have a guess what I sold my Quark Ti lights for :D

Haiku sounds exactly right up your alley. Expensive, yes, but I guarantee you will not regret it.

That Haiku sure is perfect, you are both right that one like that would probably be 'the best'...... But there's still the issue of the price. For up to $100 i would have bough it in a heartbeat (heck, maybe even two, one for me and one for my girl). For $200 i certainly would have thought about it, i highly doubt if i would ever buy it for $300 but in very very sure that $400+ is way to much for a light (for me that is)!

For $400 bucks i can easily buy a nice drop-in/reflector/clicky and mill my own flashlight-body, material and time wise (i have access to an entire classroom with about 4 different laves, 2 manual and 1 CNC mill and many many small machines). If i took that route i bet the outcome would be even better than a Haiku, not that im claiming im better at making lights than anyone but its more that the light would then be exactly what i want!

Heck, i might even order on of those quarks and just put that on the lave and cut the knurling down..... :popcorn:

Latest posts