Finished my Halogen to HID Mod....

Arnulf

Enlightened
Not happy with it...the beam is all broken up.....has dark spots and is out of focus....anyone got any ideas how to fix
the beam?

DSC_0005-6.jpg

DSC_0003-6.jpg

DSC_0001-7.jpg

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
aw that sucks, I know what it feels like to have very high expectations for something, then not have it turn out the way you want

try using about 5/8 inch hose washers between the bulb and reflector. Add or remove to focus.

Arnulf

Enlightened
aw that sucks, I know what it feels like to have very high expectations for something, then not have it turn out the way you want

try using about 5/8 inch hose washers between the bulb and reflector. Add or remove to focus.

You saying to shim it with hose washers to make the bulb set further back in the reflector?

cccpull

Enlightened
The camo looks great. Same advice as the many others have said, try the washers to focus the beam. There's another thread, 'I'm making a monster", about a similar spotlight being modded to HID. Let's see how that one turns out.

BTW Does it still have a hi/lo switch?:D

Arnulf

Enlightened
The camo looks great. Same advice as the many others have said, try the washers to focus the beam. There's another thread, 'I'm making a monster", about a similar spotlight being modded to HID. Let's see how that one turns out.

BTW Does it still have a hi/lo switch?:D

It still has the hi-lo switch....but only the hi switch works. ;)
Right now its like a really bright floodlight.