0light T15 with a forward clicky?

adamjh3

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, an extreme light noob here looking for a little advice. I'm looking at getting an Olight t15, but noticed it has a reverse clicky, is there a (inexpensive, but not "cheap") way to change it to a forward clicky? I've found that when I need light, it's usually only for a brief second, and that a forward clicky suits this application very well.

If there isn't a way to make it a forward clicky (and even if there is, but just for kicks and giggles) what are some comparable lights in the $50 and lower range that run off a single AA and have forward clickies?

Thanks so much for the help,
Adam

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
The modes are accessed by pressing the tail switch right? If you change to a forwarding tail switch, and depending on how many seconds it takes for the mode memory feature, you might change modes during momentary use.

I don't have an Olight so I can't say for sure whether you could change the switch to a forwarding switch or not. You might be able to, you just have to either find a complete switch (on a board) to install into the tail cap or remove the current switch and solder a forwarding switch on there. You need to pay attention to the height of the switch too, if it's taller, you may have to do some shimming.

Last edited:

adamjh3

Newly Enlightened
Ah, good point, I read somewhere that the modes are changed by twisting the head, which is true, except for the strobe mode which is accessed by half pressing the switch.

I guess that throws that idea out the window. Thanks for the quick reply.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked at the 4sevens lights? The Quark may be a little higher than your budget allows, but Quark MINI series might be what your looking for. Click here. :oops: the MINI doesn't have a forwarding tail switch either.

Last edited:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, the Quark AA Tactical is almost in your price range @ $57.00. Use the CPF8 discount at checkout to get an additional 8% off. Oh yeah, free shipping too. Click here. Total would ring in at $52.44 shipped:thumbsup:. It's only a couple dollars over budget :poke: Click here for an excellent review by fellow CPF member Selfbuilt.

Last edited:

adamjh3

Newly Enlightened
I was just looking at that version after you mentioned the mini quark.

That definitely looks like a winner. Thanks for your help!

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem:thumbsup: I LOVE Quarks. Currently, I have 2-123x2 Tactical R2's and 1-123x2 Turbo R5.

BTW, :welcome:

AmperSand

Enlightened
Olight I15 has a forward clicky. Could either get an I15 or if you have your heart set on a T15 with forward clicky perhaps an I15 tailcap on a T15 (i believe they are compatible parts)?

adamjh3

Newly Enlightened
I have seen the I15, but I have some reserves about the infinitely adjustable output. I have (well, had until it started malfunctioning, I'm waiting on a replacement now) an ITP SA1 with that as a feature, and found I really didn't care for it as much as I thought I would.

They say it has a maximum output at 205, is this exaggerated?

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen the I15, but I have some reserves about the infinitely adjustable output. I have (well, had until it started malfunctioning, I'm waiting on a replacement now) an ITP SA1 with that as a feature, and found I really didn't care for it as much as I thought I would.

They say it has a maximum output at 205, is this exaggerated?

I can't speak for Olight on output because I don't have any experience with them. I know they are good lights, but I don't have one. The Quarks on the other hand are rated for real out the front lumens. For example, the Quark 123x2 R2 Tactical is rated at 190 OTF lumens, but mine was tested and actually made 236 OTF with 2-AW RCR123's and 242 OTF with 1-AW 17670. Not saying all of them are over achievers, but mine is.