Run Times on MiNi Cr2 with Li-Ions

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Although rechargeable li-ions are not supported by 4 Sevens, I don't care for primaries, so have been doing some run times for my newly acquired MiNi Cr2. Here are my one time approximate results, for "inquiring minds":

1. Ultrafire RCR Cr2 3.0V (charged to 3.33V):
a. Medium setting: 1 hr leaving battery depleted to 2.75V
b. High setting: not tried (sorry)

2. Ultrafire RCR Cr2 3.7V (charged to 4.15V):
a. Medium setting: 1 hr 43 mins (depleted to 2.3V, so probably should have stopped at 1.5 hr. Battery recharged fine, though, and is holding charge).
b. High setting: 23 mins (depleted to 2.5V)

These compare with High: 40 mins and Medium: 4.8 hrs on lithium primaries, according to 4 Sevens site. Thus, the capacity of rechargeable li-ion batteries is at least cut in half compared to primary lithiums.

I haven't tested the brightness on either rechargeable batteries or with the primaries. It is difficult to notice the difference on high between the 3.0V and 3.7V versions by vision and wall shots, FWIW.

I'd be interested in other persons' results if anyone has done any testing yet. Also, the difference, on high, between my MiNi 123 and this MiNi Cr2 on 3.7 li-ions seems small and hardly noticeable to me. The quality of this light and the size/form factor are great.