Which Warm White Quark would you realistically buy?

Quark WW options: Which would you realistically purchase if you could place an order

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

somename

Newly Enlightened
Searching the Marketplace on the 4sevens section for the first time last night I realized I almost missed a great opportunity, the Quark WW preorder which will expire by Monday.

Thinking maybe I'm not the only one who had not seen the information on the Quark WW I thought I'd put a link from the "LED Flashlight" section.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=223602

Preorder at:
http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_310&osCsid=230bebb11a5bd4383bcc98e110803ed8

I know there is already a Poll going in the Marketplace, but I've read so many people are waiting to holdout till Friday 3pm when the results will be posted which lights are close to the 150 min quantity.

I'm hoping this poll could maybe show what the end trend may be before Friday, so no pre-order necessary.
Post which 1 or 2 lights you REALISTICALLY would purchase if you had your pick.

Personally, I feel the warm white belongs on an outdoor light where it will help with color distinction. Hence, my choices are with multi-cell lights AA^2 and CR123^2. If I need a single cell I can switch the AA^2 to a single CR123. I am not sure if a single cell can be used on the CR123^2 version, but I like that combination for the higher output.

Also, being warm would mean more light in the RED spectrum. So with RED filters the WW version would have a higher light output with this WW than with the CW and the Neutral white. :twothumbs

vvs

Newly Enlightened
Mine first impressions was "wow", but then, I found very few scenarios already not covered by existing lights.
For neutral/warm - already have DereeLigh Q5 5C with throw at night subjective the same compared to tk12-r2 but without "jedi sword" effect, so no turbo head needed (if you still doesn't have one, I'm not sure - warm white turbo head in the night rocks, confirmed on deree); for small pocket edc - mini AA - will buy two definitely: warm is more comfortable to eyes in complete darkness compared to cool white, so for closework and night bookreading it is must have, plus wide nice spot, spreading 2lumens via the surface. Sadly no clip.
123^2 - mine used only on moonlight, to watch on the clocks at night and put some light when my son awake and ask for mama :mecry:
Moonlight and headband to the Mini's please!

So if you still doesn't have warm/neutral thrower - there's Turbo's ain't saw competitors (except deree one), need general use light - there's 123^2 general, need something small but still with plenty of light and pleasant low - MiNi's.

Everyone can add their own usage scenarios so we can decide how we can use such pleasant tint :twothumbs

My vote - MiNi AA warm white * 2

somename

Newly Enlightened
warm is more comfortable to eyes in complete darkness compared to cool white, so for closework and night bookreading it is must have, plus wide nice spot, spreading 2lumens via the surface.
My vote - MiNi AA warm white * 2

Thanks for the info, never having had a warm LED I've had nothing to compare to. But I can see based on your details how the WW would be useful indoors too... This changes my choices since now I'm thinking a compact pocket light like the mini 123 or mini AA would be nice too. I might just have to get some body tubes to have lego options.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont think there is too much logic(i understand some) in waiting. if you dont preorder it wont be an option. you get your money back if it doesn't pan out so there is no risk.
if everyone waited then you wouldnt really know what the demand was.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
For neutral/warm - already have DereeLigh Q5 5C with throw at night subjective the same compared to tk12-r2 but without "jedi sword" effect,

weird. i just had that same observation last night. someone burning food :ironic:
and a smokey house. i had a couple lights running and noticed the cooler ones were doing the light saber thing while the neutral one had NOTHING.
then i turned on my mag asph(flashoholic light saber) that has a neutral and realized nothing either.

i'm guessing the neutral and probably even more so of the 7b/7a CUT better through smoke, fog, rain, snow, etc with less refraction<-?

just another reason to get the warm white lol.

KarstGhost

Enlightened
I also voted with my credit card for a Mini AA.
I'm really close to adding the Preon as well. C'mon everybody! :thumbsup:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
mini aa and a 2xaa turbo preordered, hope they both make the 150 limit:twothumbs

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
i voted for a aa tactical but only because they're not offering a single 123 tactical. if my order comes through i plan on trading the aa tube for a 123 tube, or buying one if i don't get any takers. this will be my first ww light:thumbsup:

utalker

Newly Enlightened
First I was aiming for the AA2 but I don't think it will get 150 orders. So I choose the AA mini instead.
Another + is that it's much smaller.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
All 3 stores are taking orders not just .COM.

Preon 2 & Qmini AA ordered from .CA.

Interesting difference between the 2 polls so far:

CPF
Qmini AA - 14
Preon 2 - 9
Qmini CR2 - 9

CPFMP
Qmini CR2 - 18
Qmini AA - 15
Preon 2 - 9

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
voted 3. as i cant make up my mind.

preon 2 is what i mainly look at.

quark mini aa is second choice as i like my neutral alot and it seems these wont end up for sale used at all. only titanium ones!

quark aa2 tactical. (i like my neutral AA tac alot.. and backup for it might be cool)

most likely i will only choose one to buy. (new tires took my money.)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we dont preorder there will probably be no warm quarks at all, so plz preorder rather than wait for some poll results. Send a signal to David that warm quarks are wanted. :twothumbs

I dont think there will be many warm quark models that makes it to production, but i will buy whatever version that makes it. I really, really want to have a closer look at those warm xpg's.

This is like a lottery. Makes buying a flashlight very exiting.. will "my models" win??

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm most interested in the 2 x 123 Tactical, but I don't think I'm going to be joined by a sufficient number of like-minded folk, so I'm going to put my money on a Mini-AA. Not a huge fan of the twisties, nor of the estimated 65 max OTF lumens, but it is small, it is warm, it will have a very low low, it is AA and the price is right, so I think it will make a good camping light. I've been pleased with my Quark Neutral 123 Tactical, and my NiteCore EZAA and EZCR2, so I think I'll like this little twisty Quark.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm already in for a warm tinted quark 123^2 turbo..
..logically, this specific one would be ideal, as..
warm tint work best outdoors,
a thrower (relatively, that is.. XP-G doesn't throw all that well) works well with outdoor use-- and combined with a warm tint... :thumbsup:
and.. of course, output! plenty of output with a 2xCR123A model :)

a low output warm light, imho.. wouldn't be ideal.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
...warm tint work best outdoors,
...a low output warm light, imho.. wouldn't be ideal.
I know you're just throwing out your preferences, but while it seems to have almost become a settled point about warm being better for outdoors, I prefer it for everything, especially indoors.

Especially when using a cool tint at low levels outside, it reminds me so much of the moon that I can't help but love it! Then when I go to higher levels I want a warm tint for the realism and added depth perception.

Indoors I just want warm all the time!

Muddquez

Newly Enlightened
I've already ordered MiniAA x2. I already carry a High CRI Clicky and have a High CRI Twisty on order, I don't see a need for anything else.