Fenix TK 40 came in handy last night

crizyal

Enlightened
Sitting in my living room last night and my wife asks me what that smell is. Usually I would just laugh, though I could smell what was like a burning fuel oil scent coming in from the window. I quickly grabbed the TK40 and ran outside. This light was great for inspecting the roofs and dark sides of all the neighboring houses. There was definitely plenty of smoke in the air. I spent quite a while inspecting all of the houses on my block. I couldn't find the source of the smoke which had now dissipated. After my search was over I felt completely confident that the smoke that I encountered did NOT come from a house. I would imagine that it came from a poorly running truck, though that could not be confirmed. The point is I couldn't have made this thorough a search with any cheap Walmart flash light. If any smoke was coming from the houses I would have immediately spotted it. The neighbors were probably wondering WTH I was doing though. LOL

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Hey honey! That crazy neighbor of ours is out running in his underwear and a flashlight again."

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
"Hey honey! That crazy neighbor of ours is out running in his underwear and a flashlight again."
:crackup:

We live near a park that has a about a few miles of just weeds. Usually some no so bright kids set fire to it. Well the back of our house faces this park and when it sets on fire and we are sitting outside the house it usually looks like the fire is right on top of us.

Like you, my trusty light comes out(Jetbeam RRT-1, Eagletac M2C4, etc) do to a quick "search" of the surrounding houses

Could of been a BBQ going....:shrug:

A couple weeks ago it was 10:30pm at night and some idiot was parked across the street, revving his engine in spurts, basically as annoying as honking the horn.

I simply open my front door, beam him with the TK40, and he immediately stops. I thought, hey that's going to come in handy this summer when neighbors are shooting fireworks in the middle of the night.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
A couple weeks ago it was 10:30pm at night and some idiot was parked across the street, revving his engine in spurts, basically as annoying as honking the horn.

I simply open my front door, beam him with the TK40, and he immediately stops. I thought, hey that's going to come in handy this summer when neighbors are shooting fireworks in the middle of the night.

So that was you who spotlighted me?! :whistle: Ha ha, neighbor!

EliteTacticalFlashlight

Newly Enlightened
I personally have the Fenix TK40 as well as sell it on our website and this light is absolutely amazing. At over 630 Lumens on highest setting it's literally like having a car headlight beam in the palm of your hands. On the earlier post by was lost and now found, they mentioned about spotlighting someone with this light. I could definately see how someone would stop dead in there tracks at the sight of this light going into there eyes. Right after receiving the light my father thought it would be funny to put his hand about a foot in front of the beam and just the reflection alone off his hand was enough to make me practically blind for several minutes. This light is absolutely amazing, just my 2 cents!

thedeske

Enlightened
My TK40 made the difference in bright sunlight the other day. On the way home, my heater core took a dump and flooded the passenger side floorboard just before I made it to my shop.
It was time to do the old bypass surgery on those hoses so I could drive a little longer and not visit the expensive mechanics for a few days. The open hood was in very bright sunlight but the hose clamps were really impossible to see with all the hard contrast over the shadows in back of the engine. Leaning in to get to the firewall was making this even more difficult for a non mechanic. My LD10 failed to make enough light in this situation, but the 40 did the trick and I managed to get the job done in no time.
Interesting - the sun was diffusing my small light, but the TK 40 had enough power to 'Punch Through' all that 90 degree light and give me a clear view of the firewall and those pesky clamps turned downward and out of sight.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
...give me a clear view of the firewall and those pesky clamps turned downward and out of sight.

Why is it that, no matter what vehicle that I work on, hose clamps are *always* turned in the wrong direction so they can't be reached easily? :p

...it's like a Murphy's Law or something!

Hfili

Newly Enlightened
I think there may be little gremlins that turn the clamps while no one is looking...they are the same ones who strip screws and round off bolt heads with their evil powers! :) They seem to be heavily concentrated in items people pawn off on me to fix for them...must be a coincidence :confused: