Quark AA Question

wwdkd

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, A few months ago I purchased a Quark AA Tactical R5 edition from 4sevens and was reading about the lights interchangeability. I am thinking about buying the AA^2 body for the AA. My question is if I attach the AA^2 body to the AA's head and tail cap will it increase the lumen output of turbo mode to the 206 advertised for the AA^2 model? Sorry if this question seems stupid, but I am new to the flashlight scene.

Gazerbeam

Newly Enlightened
Hi wwdkd and :welcome:.
Yes , it would be the same as the AA^2 model. They both have the same head.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, A few months ago I purchased a Quark AA Tactical R5 edition from 4sevens and was reading about the lights interchangeability. I am thinking about buying the AA^2 body for the AA. My question is if I attach the AA^2 body to the AA's head and tail cap will it increase the lumen output of turbo mode to the 206 advertised for the AA^2 model? Sorry if this question seems stupid, but I am new to the flashlight scene.

Okay, you're new to flashlights so you may not know much about Lithium Ion batteries, but you can put a 14500 Li-ion in your AA body light and it will probably be brighter than the 2-AA body with 2 alkalines or at least just as bright. I have to warn you about the dangers of Lithuim Ion batteries though. If they are mishandled, they can be VERY DANGEROUS!! They can burn your house down, they can burn you very, very badly, so don't take this warning lightly. If used in the proper manner, they are very safe, in fact, most all laptop batteries are li-ion batteries. If you want to start using li-ion batteries, I highly recommend AW li-ion batteries. They are very high quality, and very safe. Most of his batteries have 3 safety circuits in the design. Please go here and read about the safe handling of these batteries and then, if you want to purchase some, go to AW's sales thread right here. Oh yeah, they can also be purchased from dealers like Lighthound and 4sevens. They are right here in the U.S., so the shipping would probably be faster if you live in the states.

Last edited: