LS4 - What Bin Codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
Peter, any plans to step up the bin codes in LS4 standard and premium offerings from those used in the current LS? Judging by other discussions @ CPF Q should be standard and R or S should be premium. What's up?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, no one has S's for sale.

I have only heard of a single S on CPF so far (Lambda had it if I remember correctly).

If/when R's and S's are available on regular basis with consistently acceptable tints, I am sure Arc will offer them. I don't even know if R's are available on a regular enough basis especially with good tints (don't forget the R2's that have been showing up wouldn't pass Arc's tint standards).

Pat

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've only read one instance of a sbin luxeon.

r's are becomming more and more common, but you've got to remember that to use modders, 300luxeons is quite a lot to go around...for arc, that's not nearly enough!

i'm sure if arc gets a shipment of r or s ranked emitters, and they are of a decent vf and adaquate color, the would be included into the "premium" structure.

but i'd be willing to bet that peter gets more n's p's and q's than anything else...

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
treek13 said:
(don't forget the R2's that have been showing up wouldn't pass Arc's tint standards).

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read, the R2's that have been talked about lately are some of the whitest 1W LS's yet. It has been said they should have probably been binned as R3's. Did I miss something?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
We use bin code 3 and 4 in the tint.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless Arc changes their standards (and who knows they might), even relatively white 2's don't make the cut.

Pat

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'm not sure about the binning of the r2h emitters...

they are hella white...shockingly white.

i'm not certain how arc catagorizes their luxeon "stash" and just bypasses those leds with bins less than 3/4, or if they test them to make sure their white.
heck, maybe due to their manufacturer status, they can request certain color bins, and if that's the case, it's possible that they just plain missed out...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
R ranks,
Those ranks are in the world of modders... from what I understand, the Premium editions of Arcs use P and Q ranks. R ranked LS4 would probably be an "Ultra-Premium" or something along those lines. Maybe Peter is saving up the R ranks for his special edition LS AAA running at 160mA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif You know he has been looking at the McGizmo/ArcMania/Lambda creation and pondering it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ssh... I have been wanting to put an LS in our Arc-AAA for a while. The problem is getting enough LEDs. But with the recent KK sale, it has got me thinking again. Ssh.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Not a product annoucement. Nothing to see here folks...

Peter

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Nothing to see here folks...

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Dan

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
No problem, Peter...I would never say anything. Just pondering a new EDC is all... one can hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
Arc LS AAA with a R ranked Luxeon... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I have plenty of lights. Really don't need any more. An Arc LS AAA...that would change things. Please work on that, Peter! After the LS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.