"Flydragon" sst-90 monster with big aspherical lens

moviles

Enlightened
I found this flashlight in ebay and some webpages, someone have tested it?

I don't will buy it because the price is expansive and the current draw only 7 amp, but I like it

appears to be like the DEFT with sst-90 , and the host appears to be like the Xtar D30 Howitzer 3xmce

rbilty.jpg

100321235806b7848df649f3ab.jpg.thumb.jpg

76644793.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/4h8j04.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/fbi4xi.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/k2o2gy.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ag90kn.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2uf3xwj.jpg

Last edited:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: sst-90 monster with big aspherical lens

Interesting. It appears to be relatively well made (decent machining, anno). And it loos like it uses a control ring.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

The body definitely looks the same as first version of Xtar D30 Howitzer. So it might have the same problem with fitting protected 18650 batteries...

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

Absolutely incredible!!

100321235806b7848df649f3ab.jpg.thumb.jpg

DM51

Flashaholic

Moviles, that certainly looks an interesting light, but please re-post the photos when you have them properly hosted - they are hot-linked, which is not permitted.

Votekinky06

Newly Enlightened

Will someone PLEASE buy one of these so I know if I need to put some lights up for sale?? :)

moviles

Enlightened

Moviles, that certainly looks an interesting light, but please re-post the photos when you have them properly hosted - they are hot-linked, which is not permitted.

edited host link of pictures, and erased some pictures

SwarfWorks

Newly Enlightened

Here are some specs off the ebay page fyi:

· Manufactured from the finest aluminum with HAIII coating
· Utilizes Luminus SST-90 LED, W65S-F11-GN100, Color temp 6500k

· Output 1900-2100 lumens

· Working voltage 6v-12v (Max 15v), Current 7A +/-10%
· Output & Runtime: Max mode - 2100 Lumens / 70Minutes (18650 2400mAh x6)

· Powered by 6x 18650 for full power. For backup, can run 6x AA in emergency

· Adjustable brightness by rotatary switch with lock

· Max throw: 1000 meters (wide lens for short distance search)

· Weatherproof for rainy day and outdoor heavy duty environment

· Anti-shattering ultra clear lens, anti-scratching, anti-reflective coated lens with 99% effective transmission
Excellent tridimensional heat dissipation ability

· Size : Length 252mm, Diameter 60mm (Bezel) / 46mm (Tail)

· Weight 580g

Some of those pages that aurum linked showed pics of it also using 32600, 32650, 26650 batteries as well (at least showed them next to it, assuming you could use them).

moviles

Enlightened

and what diameter have the aspherical lens?
what diameter have the Xtar D30 Howitzer?

edit: 108mm head diameter :eek: more than the DEFT

Last edited:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks like one of those typical "only available in China/Taiwan" flashlights that pop up on eBay all the time. They typically have overhyped specs and the sellers just scream out snake oil salesmen.

I'd steer clear based on reports here on things bought from other vendors in that part of the world that were not what the vendors claimed they were.

moviles

Enlightened

It looks like one of those typical "only available in China/Taiwan" flashlights that pop up on eBay all the time.

flashlights with the SST-90 and with 100 mm aspherical lens are pop up on eBay all the time?????? I never have see one before today

I have tested the sst-90 with 50mm aspherical lens and are really nice......with 100mm aspherical lens must be really awesome

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guys, those of you who know this stuff, can someone figure out from the specs if the 1800-2000 lumens are possible?

Thanks

George

Last edited:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast

flashlights with the SST-90 and with 100 mm aspherical lens are pop up on eBay all the time?????? I never have see one before today

No, I was thinking of the HID flashlights from China that are always on eBay when I posted that earlier comment. I'd put this LED light in the same general category as those not based on the type of light, but based on the fact that it only seems to be sold by the same type of vendor/seller and nowhere else.

Maybe I'm overly cautious but there's that pesky little voice in the back of my mind screaming out "steer clear" of those guys. Even the semi/somewhat reputable vendors from China like Deal Extreme have been caught red handed selling counterfeit merchandise by other CPF members. I don't know if these vendors are like that too, but it makes me wonder.

I don't question the light so much as I question the sellers/vendors. ;)

Votekinky06

Newly Enlightened

Moviles, do you have the ebay link?

Guys, those of you who know this stuff, can someone figure out from the specs if the 1800-2000 lumens are possible?

Thanks

George

Since the sr90 has 2200 lumens with the same emitter I would definitely chalk this one up as "within the realm of possibilty".

Patriot

Flashaholic

Looks very interesting but I'm always leery of the Hong Kong ebay sellers despite the overall good ratings. Also, it seems like the circuit is a bit inefficient considering the run-time at 7A.

moviles

Enlightened

Moviles, do you have the ebay link?

Thanks

George

ebay item 370365467738 .... its allowed to post ebay numbers?

but I don't know if this flashlight are available cheaper in some other dealer

.....man I cant recommend you this flashlight, I like the led and the size of the aspherical lens but I don't know If the circuit are good or not and no one here have tested one yet

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I just wrote to them and asked them if they're interested in a review and if they are and give me a good price, I can have it sent to someone here to review it and then they can send it to me when they're done.

It's gonna be the only way we can test some of these lights and we may want to consider pitching in for some kind of fund for shipping for stuff like this. Someone interested in a light and wants to take a chance with it, buys it, has it shipped to someone capable of reviewing it (unless he/she can do it. In my case, I am not capable) and then that person ships it to the buyer and maybe the buyer can get reimbursed for the last shipping from the fund.

We could get a whole lot of lights tested this way.

George