Surefire L2, good deal for 110$ in EU?

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi guys,

I came across a used SF L2, which i could get for around 110$. Since Surefires are extremely rare in Slovenia and very expensive in EU, i think i might take a risk and buy it. Ofcourse emitter is outdated, but i found a thread where two users made very efficient MC-E mod with little effort and NO other parts except LED itself. Is it worth it or do you think it would be better to wait for some newer models...?

Plus, what other mods do you suggest?

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
New or used? I bought an L2 a few weeks ago because even though the LX2 kills it on just about any quantitative comparison (run time, lumens, LOA, etc.), I really prefer the reflector to the TIR. I thought I talked the dealer into a nice price for a new-in-box L2, $120.

pulstar

Enlightened
Used. I still wait for some pictures of the light itself. Might be worth to consider if it's in good condition. New Surefire L2's retail from 200$ here in european stores:sigh::thinking:, so 110$ doesn't seem too much, even used.
I have LX2, and i love the TIR shaped beam. L2 with MC-E should be a wall of light, but i want to try it:) It's a Surefire damnitlovecpf .

What runtimes do you get with yours? Tailcap is two-stage momentary/twist constant, right?

knightrider

Enlightened
I don't think it can run 2 rechargeable batteries, pretty sure it can't. When I had one back in the day, the only rechargeable option was this weird sized battery from AW. It was protected, looked like a 17670, but was thinner. It would rattle around inside the light if you didn't have paper wrapped around it or something similar. Sorry but I can't remember the exact battery number name for you. I would not try 2 rechargeables as I'm pretty sure it will fry the light and kill it.

Just looked on Lighthound. I think the battery was the AW 14670. It's the right length and it is narrower than the 17670 by 3mm diameter. I'm pretty sure that's the one, but do some searching.

Found a post by LuxLuthor on it. I was right about the 14670.

Rechargeables in L2

Last edited:

Latest posts