• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:1x18650 Maglites. PRICE DROP TO 69$ each!!(SPF)

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone.

I just finished up a pair of 1x18650 twins. EDIT: Both are SPF thanks.
Specs are
Pewter 2C Mags cut to 18650
P7 CSWN emitter
3 Mode driver 2.5A high, 280MA med, 110ma low.
Recessed switch in the tailcap.

The finish on these lights is in excellent condition the only mark I see is on one there is a tiny ding on the tailcap. I took the picture with it facing the camera but its hard to see in the pic.

These lights are FIXED focus, the lens and reflector are removable, but the head is Not.

Size ref. as you can see these could have been cut shorter, but I think they look better with the silver band above the knurling showing. To me they also feel better in your hand with a bit more to hold on to.

Tailcap

Battery Pos and 18650 sleeve.

On a white wall there is a bit of a dark cross visible, but it doesn't really show in this pic. The beam is a good combination between throw and flood.

Some outdoor shots maybe later.

Price is 89$ each>69$ each Shipped!!

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS:1x18650 Maglites.

If lenght wise they fit an 18650; then they could fit the IMR 26650 cells too. Now, it may need to be bored:whistle:

737mech

Enlightened

Those look like a fun build. Can you give some info on the heatsink used and how you made the connections, also the switch you used?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

If lenght wise they fit an 18650; then they could fit the IMR 26650 cells too. Now, it may need to be bored:whistle:

These particular lights would not because the 18650 cell sits slightly below the threads of the tailcap. I would however be possible in this type of light.

Those look like a fun build. Can you give some info on the heatsink used and how you made the connections, also the switch you used?

I really really wish I would have taken pictures of these for a build thread, normally I do, but I just wanted to get these done.

For a heat sink you could use any Mag C heatsink that would normally fit. I did not have any so I made them from 1 1/2 x 1/8" aluminum flat bar. I took the body of the light and drew a circle around it on the bar and then cut it out, and smoothed up the edges with my grinder. Later after I finished the insides I used thermal epoxy to attach the heasink to the top of the body, and then the emitter on a 20mm star over that.

I use thick wire for this mod 20 gauge I think. Below the heatsink is a PVC sleeve to house the driver and for a spacer to shrink it down to 1x18650. I used 3/4" schedule 40 pipe. and below that I put a delrin disk where the POS batt connection is. The Pos battery contact is a brass screw with a wire soldered to it that goes to the driver.

For the negative driver contact I took the metal strip out of the back of the Mag switch and cut off the part where the little screw attached it to the body. I then soldered a wire to it and placed it between the PVC and the light body ( some anodizing removed from inside the tube). It fits tightly and since you have to cut a slit down the side of the 3/4" pvc for it to fit in the light body I was able to slip the wire down low enough that it does not touch the heat sink at the top.

Delrin spacer

The switch for these two came out of a couple of DX lights I moded, and then cut a groove for a snap ring to hold it in place. The first one I built I used the inside part of a D mag switch that happens to fit just perfectly. That one I glued in. You also have to insulate the contact for the battery neg in order to use the mag switch.

If any of this sounds like gibberish or is unclear that's because its 3:48 AM where I live and I should have been:tired: hours ago LOL.