Hello All!

Railpatch

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for having me! Just drifted in from USN. I'd been aware of this forum for some time, as USN has a thriving "flashaholic" section. CPF definitely seems to have taken it to the next level!

I am a 42-year-old police officer in northern California. As such, I have relied on flashlights for quite some time, but only relatively recently have I moved beyond the world of standard Streamlight models. Currently, I carry a Ra Clicky 140 Tactical as EDC and a Jetbeam RRT-2 on my duty belt, with a Jetbeam M1-X in my unit. I have around 20 flashlights total, also including Fenix, 4Sevens, and Surefire.

As flat as my wallet has gotten over on USN, I have a sinking feeling I haven't done my financial bottom line any favors by joining here, but it should be a fun ride...

Niconical

Enlightened
Normally with a new member, particularly one using flashlights professionally, we like to throw our recommendations around, get the new guy ready to face the night, CPF style. In your case though I'd say you're pretty much covered, that's some impressive illumination you take to work.

One thing you will see mentioned though (well, 2 things actually), are this and this.

The first, you might have, the second, maybe not.

I'm not saying you have to get one, it's just that, well, actually you do have to get one, so there. :welcome:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to see you here!!!!

Just open up your wallet and wave buh-bye to your money NOW! Doing that will save you pain down the road. LOL!

What until you get into McGizmo's!!! He has a sub-forum here.

carrot

Flashaholic
I think USN already has done plenty to your wallet.

However, here on CPF we are happy to help ;). Have you seen the Cool Fall Spy 007? It's a solid block of titanium :D

Railpatch

Newly Enlightened
Normally with a new member, particularly one using flashlights professionally, we like to throw our recommendations around, get the new guy ready to face the night, CPF style. In your case though I'd say you're pretty much covered, that's some impressive illumination you take to work.

One thing you will see mentioned though (well, 2 things actually), are this and this.

The first, you might have, the second, maybe not.

I'm not saying you have to get one, it's just that, well, actually you do have to get one, so there. :welcome:

Thanks! Any recommendations are always welcome! I do actually have a 6P but not the drop-in (yet)...

Discounts by site/manufacturer

THAT will do your financial bottom line some injustice ;)

Oh, that's sweet, thanks!

Good to see you here!!!!

Just open up your wallet and wave buh-bye to your money NOW! Doing that will save you pain down the road. LOL!

What until you get into McGizmo's!!! He has a sub-forum here.

Hey, there's a familiar face! Good to see you, too!

Yeah, I thought The Cove was bad but I see all sorts of potential bank account-suckage here...

Last edited:

Railpatch

Newly Enlightened
Welcome, nice choices on the lights.

How do you like the RRT2 for duty?

:welcome:

Thanks! Only two drawbacks to the RRT-2 for duty carry (for me): 1) finding a good case. I use a Bianchi Accu-Mold small flashlight case with a rubber glove stuffed in the bottom and it works well enough. It's either that or carry it exposed and I hate that; 2) the only reflector choice is SMO. It has its merits, but I actually prefer an Orange Peel reflector for what I do. Those quibbles aside, it's aces!

I think USN already has done plenty to your wallet.

However, here on CPF we are happy to help ;). Have you seen the Cool Fall Spy 007? It's a solid block of titanium :D

Worse; I've seen the Tri-V... :faint:

UpChUcK

Enlightened

I am on USN too :wave: . But been here just a bit longer. Add EDC Forums, Multi-tool.org and Blade Forums and I don't know why I even carry a wallet. :broke: :shrug:

I love your choice of lights! JetBeams are my favs right now and I only have 2 - a CL-E v2 and RRT-0. But I have the Jet III Pro ST, RRT-1 and Jet I Pro v3 slated for "acquisition".

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Thanks! Only two drawbacks to the RRT-2 for duty carry (for me): 1) finding a good case. I use a Bianchi Accu-Mold small flashlight case with a rubber glove stuffed in the bottom and it works well enough. It's either that or carry it exposed and I hate that; 2) the only reflector choice is SMO. It has its merits, but I actually prefer an Orange Peel reflector for what I do. Those quibbles aside, it's aces!

You should be able to swap the smo reflector for an op. They are available from the dealer and would help a bit. I have the ti RRT2 and found the best holster going for it right now is the one made for the Olight M20 Warrior. Nearly the same size light.

It also has slots for 2 18650's which may appeal (or not depending on how much weight you want on that belt).

About $10 at Battery J: http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-m20-holster.html

The glass diffusers / filters also are compatible between the two lights.

And an orange peel reflector is on my shopping list also, but love the throw out of the light for it's size.

Railpatch

Newly Enlightened

I am on USN too :wave: . But been here just a bit longer. Add EDC Forums, Multi-tool.org and Blade Forums and I don't know why I even carry a wallet. :broke: :shrug:

I love your choice of lights! JetBeams are my favs right now and I only have 2 - a CL-E v2 and RRT-0. But I have the Jet III Pro ST, RRT-1 and Jet I Pro v3 slated for "acquisition".

Thanks! I have the RRT-0, RRT-1, RRT-2 and M1-X. And, God help me, I've got my eye on the RRT-3...

Railpatch

Newly Enlightened
You should be able to swap the smo reflector for an op. They are available from the dealer and would help a bit. I have the ti RRT2 and found the best holster going for it right now is the one made for the Olight M20 Warrior. Nearly the same size light.

It also has slots for 2 18650's which may appeal (or not depending on how much weight you want on that belt).

About $10 at Battery J: http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-m20-holster.html

The glass diffusers / filters also are compatible between the two lights.

And an orange peel reflector is on my shopping list also, but love the throw out of the light for it's size.

Thanks for the info. I tried to order an OP reflector and was told it wasn't available but that it might be in the future.

How sturdy is that holster? Will the loop fit a 2 1/4 inch belt?