Arc LS foam ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toolguy

Newly Enlightened
I recently send a SASE to Arc asking for some foam rings for my AAA and LS. When everything came back I got foam rings for the AAA but not the LS. There was a note saying that LS rings are no longer available. I am looking for suggestions on what I can use for a replacement foam rings for my LS.

georget98

Enlightened
Maybe one of those Dr. Scholl's corn ring things... I'll buy a package and anyone that wants one can send me a SASE with a quarter or whatever just one ends up costing. I'll send any profit to the Arc LDF.

jtice

Flashaholic
I had to make some rings out of foam myself. Its not too hard, and works fine.
Also, wrap your batts in alittle tape, to snug them up in the batt pack, stops all the rattles.
{748CAB8C-B3A5-4445-9586-86300B1B1347}lg.jpg

GearGuy

Newly Enlightened
I actually made a washer out of a lighter gage guitar pick. I used a hole punch to make a hole in it and then cut it into a circle untilit perfectly fit inside without getting caught on the threads. This turned out to be a great design. Although, it will come out every time you take it apart, it works better than any (including arc's) foam ring. it acts as a nice nylon spring. Twisting the battery "on" just flexes the middle until turned off, when it flexes back to as flat as the battery will allow. The spring action makes the unit rattle free and battery crush resistant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts