Quark MiNi 123 Clicky

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
First I must give credit to to ky70 and his post for my inspiration. :thumbsup:

I have been wanting a clicky pack for my Mini 123's since they came out well after seeing ky70's post I remembered that I had a Nekomane 123 body I bought for the Leatherman/Fenix lights that was too small so I tried it and it fit the MiNi 123 head fine, I had to mod the body and the Fenix tail cap to get it to work but nothing major.
The result is a sweet little MiNi 123 Clicky and it didn't really add that much length.:D

kevinm

Enlightened
What was involved in the "nothing major"?

I might just have to get a Mini now...:thumbsup:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slick mod, Beam! Gotta' love when ya' find use for parts that are laying around.

Not that I have any of these parts, but am also eager to hear what was involved in the mod to get them to work.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

What was involved in the "nothing major"?

I might just have to get a Mini now...:thumbsup:

Slick mod, Beam! Gotta' love when ya' find use for parts that are laying around.

Not that I have any of these parts, but am also eager to hear what was involved in the mod to get them to work.

If you look at the pic in nanotech17's link above the Nekomane body screws right in and a Fenix tail cap works right out of the gate but the o-ring for the head doesn't engage. Direct link here.
So I removed some of the body on the head side to engage the o-ring however that prevented the tail cap from making contact with the body so I had to build up the tail cap contact with a spacer.

Last edited:

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
Awesome mod! I've wanted this since I got mine, but we all know that 4sevens are way too busy with the Maelstroms to worry about that (except that they could come up with a CR2 mini:thinking:).

But I digress, the only problem I have with this is the fact that you lost the ability to tailstand, which I would dearly miss. Is there a clicky that might work with this that has the ability to tailstand?

Also, probably more importantly, is it possible to buy the Nekomane tube? Probably post a WTB in the marketplace and hope for the best, huh? How much do you think I could expect to spend for it?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't care about tailstanding but I don't want to mod the light. Find me a clicky that fits and works and I'm interested. Since I may wish to go BACK to the twistie I don't want to do anything to the original. I wouldn't mind modding the clicky if it's an ez mod but not the flashlight.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care about tailstanding but I don't want to mod the light. Find me a clicky that fits and works and I'm interested. Since I may wish to go BACK to the twistie I don't want to do anything to the original. I wouldn't mind modding the clicky if it's an ez mod but not the flashlight.
Nothing was done to the MiNi, all modding was on the body and tail cap.