Where can I get some non-metallic pants?

paulr

Flashaholic
Any idea? By non-metallic I mean no metal parts. Nylon zipper, plastic waistband button, that kind of thing. I'd get through airport security faster that way. There has to be a market for this. Thanks for any suggestions.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a pair of pants out of duct tape. Does that count?

Wilkey

FlashGordon

Newly Enlightened
I swear, the next time I fly out of LAX, I'll be wearing a tight bathing suit, mesh tank top, and Teva sandals!

Or just go the opposite and wear my Nomex issue flightsuit, steel toe Aircrew boots, Nomex gloves, and my SRU-21/P survival vest with smoke hood or BlackHawk Omega tactical vest minus the "dangerous items" . Maybe even my HGU-33 Flight Helmet ! (all in the interest of PERSONAL SAFETY of course) I mean if they are gonna search you, you might as well make it interesting......

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked some of my "BDU" mil-spec pants, and the only metal I could find on them anywhere was for the waist take-up tabs. Remove those, and you'll be metal-free. Button fly, and all fabric except for the buttons. I get mine at Brigade Quartermaster (actiongear.com), and they usually only cost $25-35 a pair.

-Keith