What is the longest time you waited before pulling the trigger on a light?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I waited 3 weeks to pull the trigger on pre-ordering the Mini AA. Not that I don't have the money for it. I was thinking and asking myself, do I need it? I finally cracked after 3 weeks and placed the order.

How long were you on the fence?

Edit:
I meant light(s) that you actually bought. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some lights that I don't buy, so forever on those? :p

One that I have bought.. I broke a Novatac and waited 6 months to buy another one. Nothing else comes to mind.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
A month for my A1. A1 over the mini 123 coz it's cheaper, their almost the same light and my change bought me a couple of cr123's.

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
About a week and a half, from the time I decided to get another light to the time I narrowed it down the E1L which fit my needs the most :) Not to bad LOL

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I researched the Fenix TK40 for about two months before I bought it. I mainly waited that long because I wanted to make sure that it was worthy of its high price, especially considering that layoffs were just around the corner at my company. I bought the TK40, got laid off right afterwards, and I have no regrets. :) Now I have a lot more free time to use my TK40 and play with my other lights as well! :D

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crazy:

There are lights I read about on FlashlightReviews six or seven years ago that I still want and intend to own someday.

flashboy

Newly Enlightened
about a year and a half or more. Liked the looks of the original surefire titan, never wanted to pay all thay money for it. then the aluminum versiona came and out and just finally talked myself into it a couple of days ago. so now I just wait on the mailman!

Kestrel

Flashaholic
It's pretty typical for me to wait on purchasing a new light for a few months.

Off-topic, but I'm guessing that most of us normally-methodical folks have also waited as short as one second before deciding on a new light (like in CPF/M, for example). :crazy:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I bought a McGizmo HD45 only recently. I've been wanting one since they came out.

The next on my list is an original TK McGizmo (the one that started it all). I've been wanting one of those since I joined CPF a while back.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
usually i just buy the light i like, if the price is reasonable, i never bought a light that was more than 100, otoh i spend a lot on parts, some of my $20 mag hosts have $300 in parts.
but i'm still aiming for maxabeam, idk when i'll pull the trigger on that one.
i keep looking on e bay for $500 maxabeam as few members here were lucky to get, but i have not been that lucky yet.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I've held out for about week or so on a light. But, I probably bought a few accessories in the mean time.

brett09

Newly Enlightened
Definitely my Surefire E1b. It was my first surefire and I eyed it for about 4 months before I found a price I was willing to pay. I have no problems spending the money for another surefire now.

aurum

Enlightened
my father waited almost 40 years .. :faint: an old style flashlight he wanted to buy in his childhood but he did not have enough money in the early 70s. When he was 30 he tried to buy one but the where sold out. Few month ago he found one on Ebay ...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think I must have waited a year or more before finally getting an Arc LSL. It wasn't long before they stopped making them.

Geoff

Per-Sev

Enlightened
Well I wanted a McGizmo since I joined bought a ARC 6 instead because it was $250 cheaper then it went bad and I ordered the McGizmo after I returned the ARC the hole thing was about 2 weeks and that is usually a lot longer than normal when I have the money I will buy right away I hate waiting.

Freaker

Newly Enlightened
I requested a Surefire catalog online when I was 17 or 18. I was eyeballing the M3 for a few years, and bought one for myself as a birthday present at 21.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
SF-A2-RD, I wanted one the day I joined CPF. Finally snagged one a couple months ago.
Malkoff-M60, waited about 1.5 years before finally pulling the trigger.
Zebralight headlamp, Waited about 1.5 years for that one as well.

Last edited: