DX HS-802 clickie size??

Sprinkles

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what size clicky is in the DX HS-802??

I'm going to be using one for a mod, and wanted to order parts ASAP - I hate waiting.....ARGH! lol

Also, anyone know where some decent forward clickies can be had? I'll order from overseas supplier, but if there is a more reliable place here in the US, then I'd be all over that!!

Thanks!
Sprinkles

ptolemy

Enlightened
talk to techjunkie (he owns a few of them) or nailbender (he has mine)

:)

Sprinkles

Newly Enlightened
I saw techjunkie's thread which included modifying one of those. I'm hoping he (or others) would see the thread and respond.

I decided to create a new thread instead of hijacking his because I've seen the question posted a few places, and hadn't seen an answer - (maybe I overlooked it). I figured, for future searching purposes, it'd be nice to have an easily found answer....

...still waiting... (hehe - it's only been 2hrs though)

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
These here are the ones to get.

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1867

I couldn't post the link in the DX forum, but I can here. The KD fwd click switches can handle more current than the stock reverse click switches on the DX/KD lights and create less resistance. Plus, they're almost a perfect fit.

Usually, all you have to do is snip off the rubber stump inside of a common tailcap cover to adjust for the longer plunger height of the KD fwd click switch. I've used about a dozen on MC-E torches and I've got two SST-50 torches being directly driven by IMR18650 through them (the HS-802 is one of them).

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can order Romisen forward clickies from SB right here in the US and will get them in a few days for less than $2.00 each.

I've used them in P60 hosts. As long as the switch is held in by a retaining ring these should work except for lights smaller than P60's where there just might not be enough room.

In general these swtiches will be smaller and therefore not a problem. The original retaining ring is what holds them in place.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of mod are you doing on the HS-802 other than the clickie of course?

Are you or has anyone replaced the reflector in one of these with the DX 50 mm aspheric?