Kroll probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulr

Flashaholic
Well, my Arc LS started flickering and going dim. Darn Tekcell battery I thought, and put in a new one. Still flickers and goes dim. The Kroll is flaky. (The light is a second, so no warranty, and it's generally satisfactory for what it is).

Is there any way to fix or clean these things? I have another one (pulled off a Minimag) that I'm not using, so maybe I can swap out the flaky one, but am wondering what the recommended practice is and whether they all get that way.

Stu

Newly Enlightened
s, p, d & f orbitals.. somewhere in the Rockies
paulr-

Have you seen the FAQ info on the Arc website (there's a link near the top to an expanded FAQ here on CPF)? I think they give a pretty thorough explanation on how the Kroll switch is built & how to take it apart and clean it, and generally trouble shoot function problems.
Hope this helps.

paulr

Flashaholic
Thanks, I'll look for that. Also I thought that getting the Kroll off an Arc needed special tools, but I just twisted it and it unscrewed right off. So I switched it with the other one I had and the replacement works a lot better. I'll still look into fixing the old one though.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
this happened to me the last time i changed the battery in my arc LSH...no idea what caused it because before i changed the battery, the kroll was working fine. instead of removing the switch to service it i simply threw the arc on a carpeted floor on its side and the kroll went back to normal (no flickering whatsoever) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 2 tsp-123 blem packs a while back. One had a flakey Kroll. After I figured out that all I needed to do was, uncsrew it, I did so, and found a manmade fiber thread. Took a pair of tweezers and removed the thread, screwed it back onto the pack: problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.