Arc Mania Extreme CR2

artec540

Enlightened
Greetings.... It's been a while since I was here but I've recently become interested in CR2 lights. I've already got a couple and was sniffing round for others when I came across some talk about this Arc Mania Extreme but I can't find out where....or whether..... they can be ordered. Are they one of those "coming next week, just finishing it off" deals, like the Legion II?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for these creatures?

While I'm at it, what is generally held to be the pick of the CR2 litter?

Any ideas and/or help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Extreme Micro was produced a few years ago. It's probably still the smallest CR2 light made - ARC mania focused on making the light as short and light (weight) as possible. I can't remember how many he made, but they're out there. Post a WTB, and someone will probably offer to cough one up.

The latest, greatest CR2 is the Quark MiNi.

Other classics (and I'm sure I'll forget some):

• Larry Light
  • DSpeck Fire~Fly
  • Photons International CR2 Ion
  • Katokichi Ichishiki
  • Orb Raw
  • Muyshondt Aeon
  • Surefire Titan

KarstGhost

Enlightened
+1 on the Quark Mini CR2. I can't get enough of it. :twothumbs You can order them in a warm white version too for a limited time right now.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps there'll be a new Extreme CR2 soon, as many people showed their interest, but this is not sure yet...

I'd be in for one! :wave:

As for the MiNi CR2, it is a great little light, crazy output for the small size, but it's not an MJP... If Mike makes a new one, it will surely be brighter than the MiNi, but also much more expensive! :naughty:

artec540

Enlightened
Thank you, gswitter, KarstGhost and Henk_Lu for your suggestions, all of which I shall follow up on. I can add the Jil lite J2, which I like best of those I have accumulated so far.

I'll try the WTB as well. I didn't realize that the Arc Mania was discontinued and the original reference I found on the net didn't suggest that it might be. No matter, it's an avenue!

Thanks again.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
The Extreme Micro was produced a few years ago. It's probably still the smallest CR2 light made - ARC mania focused on making the light as short and light (weight) as possible. I can't remember how many he made, but they're out there. Post a WTB, and someone will probably offer to cough one up.

The latest, greatest CR2 is the Quark MiNi.

Other classics (and I'm sure I'll forget some):

• Larry Light
  • DSpeck Fire~Fly
  • Photons International CR2 Ion
  • Katokichi Ichishiki
  • Orb Raw
  • Muyshondt Aeon
  • Surefire Titan

There is also the Nitecore EZ CR2. I've got one in a neutral white tint and I absolutely love it! I'm a big fan of simple UIs and twist on + twist further for high output is great for me.

McShawn

Enlightened
UGH..OOPS>>GASP
my extreme micro cr2 vanished. I dont know where i lost it a did not have it after a busy day crawling around in some attics.
I need a new one, please make some more.
Thanks
Shawn