Who makes C to M adapters for surefire?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I was just wandering who all makes a C to M adapter for Surefire? I have the one that TLS makes, and its ok, but I am wondering if there are other choices? Honestly I'd like to have one that looks like the end cut off of an M3 body, but at this point I will look at any.

Someone also pointed out to me that lLumens Factory makes a similar product, but I am not sure if it woks with a surefire M head or only with the Lumnes Factory head.
http://www.lumensfactory.com/cart.php?cat_id=11&sub_cat_id=9

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
The only thing LH has left of the leef C to M is a raw 3x18650 body. Nice, but not quite what I am looking for :D.

The Leef adapters are pretty hard to come by these days. I don't think TnC ever produced a run of C2M adapters due to lack of interest. There's also the C2M adapter for the old KL3 heads which are the better looking ones IMO, plain & simple.

The TLS & LF adapters are the only ones that are readily available these days.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Leef adapters are pretty hard to come by these days. I don't think TnC ever produced a run of C2M adapters due to lack of interest. There's also the C2M adapter for the old KL3 heads which are the better looking ones IMO, plain & simple.

I'm stock piling my Leef C to M adapters, I have 4 now. I do agree, I like the Surefire KL3/ KL6 adapters the best. They flow better with the whole body. I only have one of those.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing LH has left of the leef C to M is a raw 3x18650 body. Nice, but not quite what I am looking for :D.
Like I said, Lighthound used to sell one, and it was indeed made by Leef. Here's the announcement thread. I don't remember seeing one come up for sale recently, but they're out there.

Last edited:

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
LumensFactory makes them I had 3 of these, they worked very nicely on Z46 and KT4 on my G3,6P,clone bodies.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
LumensFactory makes them I had 3 of these, they worked very nicely on Z46 and KT4 on my G3,6P,clone bodies.

The lumens factory is an M to C adaptor.

I like the Surefire D36 bezels, but the drop-ins for them are not bueno for LED use due to the shock isolation. The foam multiple ring combo can net a total loss of up to 20% OTF lumens, which is why I wanted to put a 6P type bezel instead.

Thanks you all for the help.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lumens factory is an M to C adaptor.

I like the Surefire D36 bezels, but the drop-ins for them are not bueno for LED use due to the shock isolation. The foam multiple ring combo can net a total loss of up to 20% OTF lumens, which is why I wanted to put a 6P type bezel instead.

Thanks you all for the help.

Use the LF mini turbo head with one of nailbenders special D36 LED drop-ins. There is no shock foam for any OTF lumens loss.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone also pointed out to me that lLumens Factory makes a similar product, but I am not sure if it woks with a surefire M head or only with the Lumnes Factory head.

The LF C-M adapter accomodates teh surefire heads. I have a M3 that I am using the LF P7 head on. I took the M3 head and it now sits on a Seraph SP9 body using the C-M adapter.

edit: at PF14 this past weekend we attached a LF head to a SF C2 using the C-M adapter.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the LF adapter may be the way for me to go. The price seems reasonable, and I like the look of it better than the TLS one. Mdocod also sings high praise for this adapter.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LF C-M adapter accomodates teh surefire heads. I have a M3 that I am using the LF P7 head on. I took the M3 head and it now sits on a Seraph SP9 body using the C-M adapter.

edit: at PF14 this past weekend we attached a LF head to a SF C2 using the C-M adapter.

Thanks for the confirmation! :thumbsup:

Their website says it's a "C to M [...]

+1
Its definitely a C to M.
Bigchelis, aren't you who is looking for a M to C? Found it?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
the LF C-M adapter fits and works with surefire components
G2, LF adapter and Millenium Turbohead
g2lfctomkt4.jpg

i dont have a LA that will work, so i whacked the multimeter on it, and there is conductivity between the tailcap and the end of the battery stack so it will work given the right bulb

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what I would like to go with is an M3 head with one of the LF adapters, and a 2x18650 body. It sure would be nice if Solarforce made a light the same color as Surefire M3 head :D

shark_za

Enlightened
Solarforce L2 with LF CtoM Adapter running a LF P7 turbohead.

A spring is used to conduct the negative to the head.

Each M turbo head is different and there is an issue with the early LF ones not being able to go into a 6P as this host is a little narrow for the "tower" to fit into. Seraph and L2 are big enough. LF changed the size in the Mk2 version of the turbo head.

It would be nice if the colour matched in the Solarforce set-up, I have the Seraph too and not even that is a match to the head.
The CtoM is exact match to the Seraph body. A sort of bluey silver.

Outdoors.jpg

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Does anyone know if a C2 body, an M3 head, and a LF C2M adaptor not only fits together without looseness but the edges flow well together without mismatch at the edges?

2) Is the LF C2M adapter a lighter color then SF natural HAIII?

3) Do you need an extra long battery spring to make up for the extra length?

4) Is there any battery combo that could make use of the extra length rather than waste the space with the extra long spring?

5) Are there any extra long/deep reflectors so the foam ring at the front of the D36 reflector becomes unnecessary to use, therefore avoiding that 20% loss of light OTF?

6) Which C2M adapter is shorter, the LF or TNVC?

thanks for your help. carl

Last edited: