EagleTac MkII series - help please!

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened
Hi all! I am looking at the MKII series of EagleTac lights. Can someone help me understand the differences between the P20C2, T100C2, & T20C2. Other than the obvious OTF lumens, what are the major differences? Especially between the P20C2 & the T20C2 - is one more of a thrower while the other offers greater spill? I currently have a T100C2 (original - thanks SgtLED!) and like it, but I would like my next light to have a more pronounced spill or flood. I'm not looking to light up something 100+ yards away. Looking at Craig Shih's backyard shots, I want one that that is more like the M2XC4 in its ability light up an area. (and, no, I am not interested in acquiring an M2X thank you :crazy:) So, I guess my question really is which of the 3 EagleTac mentioned above has a beam most like the M2XC4?

Thanks in advance for any feedback! lovecpf

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
The P20C2 MKII really Lights up an area, and because of the shear output, (300+ OTF) it also throws quite a bit.

lebox97

Enlightened
M2XC4 has 3 LED in a 2.4" head vs
T100C2 MKII - 1.3"
P20C2 MKII - 1.0"
T20C2 MKII - 1.4"

so it's tough to compare an apple to an orange.

my LUX measurements suggest T100C2 MKII SMO is 20+% more throw than P20/T20, but a lot less lumens overall compared to P20/T20C2 MKII's.

T20C2 MKII will have the widest and brightest spill of your three choices.
:thumbsup:

see my EagleTac side-by-side comparison pics in my sig line - look closely at the spill intensity and diameter vs center hotspot intensity of the outdoor/indoor/beam pics. (click on indoor/outdoor pics to enlarge)

Cheers
Tod

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for your replies! I know I was making an apples/oranges/pears/steak(the M2X) comparison. But the 3 lights are somewhat similar and I wondered what the target for each light is for ET.

KingCanada - thanks for jumping in there first!

Lebox97 - you have confirmed my sus[FONT=&quot][/FONT]picions. The T20C2 probably comes closest to what I am looking for in my next light. I have been to your website and seen the beamshots. As helpful as they are, they don't take the place of someone telling you exactly what you are asking to be answered. Thank you for your enlightenment!

Wattnot - great review. And yes I also have read Selfbuilts reviews. What I missed was your line about throw vs spill. You can't begin to realize how much those reviews mean to noobs like me.

I guess what I am going to have to do is get three new lights - a T20, a P20C2, & a P20A2. :huh: I really want a good AA light and have had my eye on the P20A2. Well, how far off is Christmas and is it too early to start making out my wish list?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I recently bought a few lights, and in that mix was a P20A2 MkII and a P20C2 MkII. Both of these Eagletacs are great little lights. I am totally impressed with the AA*2 version. It really cranks out the lumens for AA.

Recent purchases:
4-edc-lights.jpg

-

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Chevy-SS (by the way...is that old school 1960s muscle car?).

Just curious, did you consider the T20 instead of the P20? And if so, what swayed you to the P20?

Nice collection of lights!

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Thanks Chevy-SS (by the way...is that old school 1960s muscle car?).

Just curious, did you consider the T20 instead of the P20? And if so, what swayed you to the P20?

Nice collection of lights!

Yep, old school muscle. Fuel-injected big-block, roller cam, 4-speed, 3.73 rear, etc, etc.....
camaro-beach-front-small.jpg

RE: T20 vs P20 - I was mainly looking for EDC lights, so overall size was a big consideration. ;)

-

chenko

Enlightened
I was astonished by the output of my P20A2 too, I mount it on my bycicle at night and people is scared of getting abducted by it's ufo like ray ha ha :) Jokes apart, it's a good light (altough not the slimmest 2xAA by any mean) and has BIG throw. I'm enjoying mine a lot. :)

Last edited: