On the ropes with three lights

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
First of all, after I buy a Surefire G3 (incan), I want another LED light. The three I am contemplating are the Inova T3, Inova Bolt 2L and Streamlight PolyTac HP.

The runtime and output for all 3 is roughly the same, or close enough.

I like each light for different reasons, the SL is Polymer, which is a major plus, and should throw a decent beam. The T3 looks great, runs on 3 cells and is bright enough for me, and the Bolt looks tough as nails.

If you could have any one of these 3 lights, which would it be?

In know that none of these lights are talked about that much on this site, but that doesn't mean they are inferior to others.

I'm kind of leaning towards the T3 (2008).

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the Quarks.

I have already decided not to buy a Quark. Ever.

Why not a SF G3L? or even better because it has a low and a high the SF E2L.

I'm getting the G3 as a dedicated Incan light. I really would like an E2L, but $150-ish is way too much to spend on a light at the moment.

I have plenty of multi-mode led's, but I realized that I don't have any good quality single mode lights except the SL PolyTac.

I like my SL Polytac, so I kind of want the HP version, but I also want to try out an Inova, so I'm kind of stuck on the fence, I would buy all 4 (G3 included) if I was insane, but sadly I'm normal.

stallion2

Enlightened
if you want a strong single-mode LED then you would probably be better off getting a host that isn't plastic. no low mode may mean that you have to turn the light off intermittenly so it can cool or risk damaging or completely roasting the emitter.

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
What do you have against quarks? They are better than any of the lights mentioned by a longshot. Same maybe the surefire e2l

They might be brighter, more efficient and a possess a smarter UI, but I wouldn't say better. It's all about personal opinion at this point.

if you want a strong single-mode LED then you would probably be better off getting a host that isn't plastic. no low mode may mean that you have to turn the light off intermittenly so it can cool or risk damaging or completely roasting the emitter.

The only plastic one I mentioned was the PolyTac HP. My regular PolyTac Led has never had a problem with heat. I think Streamlight may have done their homework with these lights.

KingCanada, among the 3, like you, I'd go for the Inova T3.

The more I'm researching these three, the more I'm leaning this way. The Bolt 2L is not even in consideration anymore :shrug:

stallion2

Enlightened
The only plastic one I mentioned was the PolyTac HP. My regular PolyTac Led has never had a problem with heat. I think Streamlight may have done their homework with these lights.

ahh, i see that now, i was thinking the T3 was part of the their military products line, many of which are plastic. i do have the XO3, great light, not nearly as impressive as it was 2 years ago and a little on the heavy side but built like a tank. it looks like the T3 could be pretty heavy too but thats really just personal preference i suppose.

the PolyTac is only 130 lumens though, it shouldn't have a problem w/ heat but +200lm could be a problem. i'm definitely gonna look into getting one of the SL lamps for my G2 though. i could never bring myself to pay what SF charges for theirs. glad you brought that up, hadn't looked there.