KL5

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Yaesumofo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The KL5 has not yet been released. It would be strange if there weren't already people with KL5's for evaluation although I have no information on this.

The KL5, KL6 & KL7 will be released this year although no release date has been give. Nor have any details of spec or whether the style has been changed (as was the case for the KL4 compared to the proto-type on page 37 of the 2003 catalogue)

Al

Mister T

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
It would be strange if there weren't already people with KL5's for evaluation although I have no information on this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mister T

I bet Size15s has one in his posession right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
<font color="800080">It would be strange if there weren't already people with KL5's for evaluation although I have no information on this.</font>

Of course you don`t. We believe ya.....
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people may have a L5 in their possession but I believe that all will remain silent.

I have seen others post about NDA's in similar threads but I imagine the mere threat (even if only implied) of not getting to try out other exciting new pre-release Surefire offerings would be enough to guarantee silence.

Pat

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I was joking with my comment on X-KL5. I fully understand NDA's and have dealt with them in my own job.

I can even understand why SF will not pre-release any info on forthcoming products. Some companies that have done that in the past have learned the hard way that it undermines their sales of current products and current inventory.

Why buy that XXX when we know the YYY will be twice as good and available in another month?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just hope they don't make it all pointy and notchy with all sorts of extraneous angles and stuff. As it is, my black 9P is going to look weird enough with an HA3 head on it.

Wilkey

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
.........As it is, my black 9P is going to look weird enough with an HA3 head on it.

Wilkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said they wouldn't make a black one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

They make a black KL3, right?

- Don

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I had to sign an NDA for an LED pen, and had to sign another one for a couple of UV LEDs a couple of years back. No NDA and no KL5 from SureFire though. And that, I can guarantee. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
.........As it is, my black 9P is going to look weird enough with an HA3 head on it.

Wilkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said they wouldn't make a black one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

They make a black KL3, right?

- Don

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they make a black KL4? I don't know because it is of no interest to me, the KL5 is. If they made one in black, I would welcome it. The last generation KL3 does come in black but is fugly with all those pointless fins, ribs and hex angles. Truly grotesque.

Wilkey

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wilkey:

I'll tell you what I'm going to do with my "fugly" black KL3. A CPF modder is going to put one of my R2H's in it and modify the regulation up to 700 mA.

I'm expecting that the fins may actually get warm to the touch for the first time. The purple light will be replaced with a far brighter and whiter light.

BTW, I really like the looks of the KL3. I'm hoping the mod makes its mass seem reasonable in comparison with output and heat dispersion function.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,

Punching up the performance would make it more attractive, minimally. Personally, it is just too angular and tangly to EDC. The old-style round-bezel 9P I have carries unobtrusively in my RipOffs holster, sitting comfortably on my hip.

I can imagine that the R2H is going to make it a very nice unit. The 5W in the KL5 will make my ol' trusty even moreso, for me.

Now, If I could get someone to put a regulated R2H in my 9P head (either with a narrow Fraen or the stock P9x reflector), I'd jump in a second. Unfortunately, no one I contacted is interested in this job. They've all said "wait for the KL5". And so I am.

Wilkey

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Wilkey,

There is no way of telling what the KL5 will finally look like. But, from the pictures in the SF catalog, I see no reason to be concerned that it will follow the form of the KL3 when it is pictured as a sleek design along with the other 5W KL series. I think the advise to wait is well founded. The KL4 for it's size is in a class all its own. I expect the KL5 to pull a blue ribbon as well! Now, if they would hurry up and come out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I could say that I had one, unfortunately, no such luck. Not even laid eyes on a Surefire yet, of any description...that must change soon however!

G2 will me taking another chunk out of my bank balance soon!