tk11 vs eagletac t20 mk11

nodoubt

Banned
looks like the eagle crushes the fenix in output for about the same price......
what am i missing here??

somename

Newly Enlightened
The Eagletac T20 MKII also comes with a CR123 battery sleeve so that the CR123 batteries are not loose in the battery tube.

Since the Fenix TK11 says it can also use the 18650, without the battery sleeve for the 123 cells, I would think the 123 cells would be loose (possibly even rattle) in the TK11.

I don't have a Fenix light, but I am really enjoying my Eagletac :twothumbs

Also, the TK11 is only a 2 mode light and the T20 MKII has 3 brightness levels as well as hidden flashing modes.

I honestly can't see how Fenix thinks the TK11 is worth the high price when only the TK12 would have the comparable modes. But even the TK12 falls short (in my opinion) since it can't run on the 18650 cell without purchasing the new battery tube.

Maybe a Fenix user can chime in on Fenix side of things.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
I have the T20C2 MkII and love it. I love the 300 lumen OTF output and even with the OP reflector, it throws just shy of my best throwers (Tiablo A9, Mag3D Rebel). I like how there are only 2 modes initially for this type of light (tactical) and that low and the 3 flashing modes are hidden. And even though the strobe is "hidden" it is also readily available with a double-tap of the forward clicky. If you do a double half-press, it'll be a momentary strobe. If you to a double full-click, it'll stay on until you full-click again to off. Not that I would need strobe or anything but for those in the biz, this is very useful.

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
The Eagletac T20 MKII also comes with a CR123 battery sleeve so that the CR123 batteries are not loose in the battery tube.

Since the Fenix TK11 says it can also use the 18650, without the battery sleeve for the 123 cells, I would think the 123 cells would be loose (possibly even rattle) in the TK11.

Also, the TK11 is only a 2 mode light and the T20 MKII has 3 brightness levels as well as hidden flashing modes.

I honestly can't see how Fenix thinks the TK11 is worth the high price when only the TK12 would have the comparable modes. But even the TK12 falls short (in my opinion) since it can't run on the 18650 cell without purchasing the new battery tube.

I have a TK11, and there is minimal battery rattle when using CR123s. It doesn't bother me whatsoever, because you have to give it a really good shake to notice it.

Personally, I find it an upside that the TK11 has two modes. I like simple lights. I am never going to use a strobe, or beacon, or 36 different levels of light. The two for me are enough. I do not own an Eagletac, but I can say that the TK11 is a heckuva light. It is very well built, very simple, and has always been reliable. I have never seen a TK11 issue thread. It has good throw, and a good amount of spill, and I do not regret for a second spending money on it. The only thing I recommend is spending 4$ to get rid of the cigar ring and get the spacer off of 4sevens. I hated having that on the light.

LightGiver

Newly Enlightened

The newer TK12's can use the 18650 battery w/o the adapter.

I have the first TK12 model with the upgraded body and the cr123's don't rattle unless I shake it from side to side hard enough.

I don't own a TK11, but I hear it throws better than the TK12, so that is one advantage over the TK12.

Andyy

Newly Enlightened

Well, the new XP-G R5 version can.