LX2 or E2DL as b-day gift?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
which do you think will be better as a gift?

my friend doesnt know much about lights but he is tech-savvy, and REALLY into airsoft, he has many AEGs and pistols. camo-outfits, radio equipment, and plays every month at local events in the bay area.

so those that dont know what airsoft is, its replicated guns of all sorts ranging from large machine guns, to pistols and revolvers that shoot plastic pellets with compressed air. think paintball, but the gun models are much more realistic.

so i was wondering if the LX2 and E2DL have trigger type switches for him to mount on his machine guns? i think i will probably give him the switch and mounts as well. or are there better choices for this? i want to stick with surefire, because knowing him he would want the best.

also want it to be a good all-purpose light if he doesnt use it with his guns.

Randall

Newly Enlightened
The launch of the LX2, the whole modeling a new look, while also using the E series acclaimed TIR lens. Surefire of TIR lens will be issued by the LED light very efficiently converted into a very nice projection beam, leaving One of their amazing performance are impressive. But this time not only use LX2 TIR lens, even the maximum LED brightness raised to 200 lumens! So lx2 is a good choice.:welcome:

SKYTRAIL

Newly Enlightened
I own both and find myself carrying the LX2 as my E.D.C. The E2DL is now my bedside night light. Your choice. Cheers.

Last edited:

computernut

Enlightened
The LX2 and E2DL are great flashlights (I have the E2DL) but they aren't really suited for weapon-mounts. The E2DL would be compatible with tape-switches but it has a low mode that you toggle through which might be annoying. The LX2's dual-stage switch isn't compatible with external switches. Viking Tactics' VTAC-L4 Link might be what you are looking for if you want Surefire quality at a bit lower price. VT has a deal with Surefire so they can provide essentially a single-stage E2DL with no crenalations and can be used like a regular flashlight unlike Surefire's weaponlights. For a cheaper route Fenix makes a remote switch for some of their lights too. You could always get him the light and he can add the mount and remote switch later. Another good light that can be used as a weaponlight is a Surefire L4 (not to be confused with the VTAC-L4) which puts out a broader flood beam with it's reflector rather than the TIR optic of the LX2/E2DL/VTAC-L4.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LX2 and E2DL are great flashlights (I have the E2DL) but they aren't really suited for weapon-mounts. The E2DL would be compatible with tape-switches but it has a low mode that you toggle through which might be annoying. The LX2's dual-stage switch isn't compatible with external switches. Viking Tactics' VTAC-L4 Link might be what you are looking for if you want Surefire quality at a bit lower price. VT has a deal with Surefire so they can provide essentially a single-stage E2DL with no crenalations and can be used like a regular flashlight unlike Surefire's weaponlights. For a cheaper route Fenix makes a remote switch for some of their lights too. You could always get him the light and he can add the mount and remote switch later. Another good light that can be used as a weaponlight is a Surefire L4 (not to be confused with the VTAC-L4) which puts out a broader flood beam with it's reflector rather than the TIR optic of the LX2/E2DL/VTAC-L4.

wow nice! thanks!

theres a cpf discount? :whistle:
the no crenalation bezel looks really nice. LOL i hope i dont keep it for myself!