Do I need an "LS"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Do I need an \"LS\"?

I just got an LSH-P about 10 days ago and it is easily the finest flashlight I've ever had. But that SALE! $65.00 for a regular and only $95.00 for a "Premium"!
I'm thinking pretty hard about an "L". How many guys have both?

Will

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Do I need an

I have an LSL second (that means it wasn't up to the standards of even a regular LSL, much less a premium, but it cost less) and it's a perfectly good useable light. I also have a Minimax/BB400 with a Q3L which should be about equal to an LSL-P. Yes the Q3L is nicer, especially in terms of its whiter color. However I'd consider it a cosmetic difference rather than a functional one. I'd say it's worth paying $30 extra only if you're extremely fussy. If you just want a good light to use, go for the standard version.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Re: Do I need an

I've had both the LSL and the LSH and have decided on the LSH. I have more than enough lights that use the low-dome, so it was sort-of redundant. I also prefer the high-dome for the beam tint and whiteness.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Do I need an \'LS\'

Kentucky Rifle,

I received my first LSL this week. Compared with all the LSHs I've seen, the LSL:
<ul type="square">[*] Has changing color across the beam, from light blue in the center to white (or perhaps yellowish) in the spill, similar to an Arc AAA
[*] Has about the same overall brightness as the LSH but less in the center and more in the spill.
[*] Is better for reading in bed.
[*] Is worse for walkling at night.[/list]
Each has its uses.

Paul

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Do I need an \'LS\'

You need to buy this and buy that...Seriously, you should have one of each. My favorite low dome is the hybrid LS with the wrong resistor installed so it was overdriven at 416mA. That thing is almost as bright as a 5W, and nice and white too. If you can get an LS1 that can run off a single AA, that's a keeper as well. It will suck every ounce of energy out of your spent AA's and 123's.

CM

Status
Not open for further replies.