Lonely AAA cells

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fellas

Ok, I've got a ton of AAA cells that are collecting dust with only a 1st Gen Fenix L0D and a blood glucose meter. What's out there that will allow me to but these AAA's to some sort of use. Or has AAA cells taken a back seat in the flashlight world?

chiphead

HKJ

Flashaholic
Fellas

Ok, I've got a ton of AAA cells that are collecting dust with only a 1st Gen Fenix L0D and a blood glucose meter. What's out there that will allow me to but these AAA's to some sort of use. Or has AAA cells taken a back seat in the flashlight world?

chiphead

No, you can take a look at these links:
http://www.lygte-info.dk/review/Beamshot AAA lights 2010-01 UK.html

http://www.lygte-info.dk/review/Beamshot ITP A3 EOS comparison UK.html

http://www.lygte-info.dk/review/Review AAA UK.html

CR123_CR123_CR123

Newly Enlightened
Hi:

How about the Maglite XL100? It's plenty bright and has some interesting features like the UI and different modes. It is also available at Frys and Home Depot.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce L2i uses 3 AAA cells and usually comes with a single mode dropin fitted ... The L2i can also be bought without the dropin ... Can be very easily converted to use a 18650 when the stock of AAAs is all used up.

And its cheap too ! ... Also a three mode dropin is less than £9 including postage if you don't want the SOS and strobe of the five mode dropin (which is also the same price).

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
1st Choice: IlluminaTi
2nd Choice: ITP Eos A3 upgraded.
3rd Choice: Liteflux LF2XT

Any of these are imminently pocket-able, and will give you much greater flexibility and high-end output than the E01.

Good hunting!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
For me AAA's ride in the front seat. My little pocket lights probably see more use than others. Of course I'll recommend the LF2XT.

Geoff

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
1st Choice: IlluminaTi
2nd Choice: ITP Eos A3 upgraded.
3rd Choice: Liteflux LF2XT

Any of these are imminently pocket-able, and will give you much greater flexibility and high-end output than the E01.

Good hunting!

And lower lows as well as longer runtime, but they are appreciably more expensive except for the ITP EOS A3 being about $5-$7 more than the Fenix E01.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Princeton Tec EOS is still one of the best headlamps around. Make sure you get the newest version.

My cartridge razor takes a single AAA and has a button that makes it vibrate. I have no idea if this makes it shave any better though.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about something totally off the wall... like an LED Lenser M7? :D

*Regulated driver
*Uses 4 x AAA
*U-beaut quick focus system
*Multi-mode

Last edited:

cistallus

Enlightened
Just go to a brick and mortar store and try to find a smaller light or headlamp that doesn't run on 3xAAA. Pick up a couple for very few $$$, stick in your batteries, and the cheap inefficient things will run them down in no time. :D